defective senn 580s from amazon
Nov 29, 2002 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Lessert

New Head-Fier
I ordered my 580s from amazon and just got them.....

I plugged em in and only the left side was working. I checked the connection on the right side and didn't help. I checked with another pair of headphones and they worked fine.

I was very surprised to get defective headphones based on all the positive comments.

Just wondering if anyone else had a problem with shipments from amazon or any issues about this model of senns ???
mad.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 9
580's are notorious for loose cables and wires. Is the driver on the right side completely dead? Usually most people complain about static, hissing, or clipping when the cables become loose.

Nov 29, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 9
The cable problems that apparently plagued the Senn 580/600's some time (read: years) back has not been an issue for quite some time. The frequency of such problems has diminished to a very small percentage, at most (based on nothing but word of mouth here and other audio-related boards).

I don't think this is still a major problem for the Senn 580's, and Lessert's issue is more isolated than pedxing stated. Now the 497's are another story.

Nov 30, 2002 at 5:16 AM Post #5 of 9
i was definately not a loose cable. I removed and reattached with no change. Also it is dead quiet in the right side, no noise no hissing no nothing. I'm returning to amazon and hopefully the next will be problem free.

Nov 30, 2002 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 9
Not that it will make you feel any better but the first AKG K-1000 i got from Headroom was completely dead in the left channel...no noise, no nothing...They quickly replaced it and alls well but strange things like this do happen every so often...
frown.gif

Nov 30, 2002 at 4:56 PM Post #8 of 9
have you tried plugging the cable from the other side into the dead channel? then you can see if it's the cable or the connector that is broken.

Dec 6, 2002 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 9
yes i switched the cables and still heard only the left side. I sent them back to Amazon and now the replacements are on a two week back order!!
mad.gif

Guess i have to wait a little longer for my relief.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back