Defective Pico amp and can't get a response from Head Amp
May 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Shadowboxer

Head-Fier
Hi All,

I have a defective Pico amp I am trying to send back to Justin to get fixed before I leave for my honeymoon.

I have sent him several emails and can't get a response.

Any idea how I can get a response?  I understand he may be a small operation, but I'm a bit frustrated.

Thanks for any ideas.

May 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
Hi All,

I have a defective Pico amp I am trying to send back to Justin to get fixed before I leave for my honeymoon.

Any idea how I can get a response?  I understand he may be a small operation, but I'm a bit frustrated.

Thanks for any ideas.

He is a responsible person, maybe busy or out town. Keep trying.

May 11, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 11
I must say, I find these posts a bit tasteless and annoying - just speaking for myself.

If one deals with a boutique supplier then expecting immediate responses to enquiries might be expecting bit much. That said the OP is giving no indication of how long he's been waiting either so it remains unclear what is expected from an underinfomed audience here.

Justin's been serving many customers well for a number of years and any reading of a Headamp thread would show that instant communications is not a company trait.

May 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
I must say, I find these posts a bit tasteless and annoying - just speaking for myself.

If one deals with a boutique supplier then expecting immediate responses to enquiries might be expecting bit much. That said the OP is giving no indication of how long he's been waiting either so it remains unclear what is expected from an underinfomed audience here.

Justin's been serving many customers well for a number of years and any reading of a Headamp thread would show that instant communications is not a company trait.

Let me help you find my original thread less 'tasteless'.  Maybe then you will find me less 'uninformed'.

I've been emailing over a week.

I explained my honeymoon situation in my email.

I never said anything negative about Headamp, and simply asked if there was a better way to contact them.

I don't expect immediate responses from any company, but over a week as a consumer with an issue is more than reasonable.

I find it a bit tasteless and annoying when people assumes someone is an "underinformed audience" because they don't like the line of (reasonable) questions.

May 11, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 11
I hate to say but it's a well known thing the customer communication with Headamp is not exactly award winning.  Top notch products, long wait times, when you need after sales support he definitely will take care of you but please expect all of the above as a part of the experience.

May 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
I hate to say but it's a well known thing the customer communication with Headamp is not exactly award winning.  Top notch products, long wait times, when you need after sales support he definitely will take care of you but please expect all of the above as a part of the experience.

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Great products, has taken care of any issue I've had in a fair manner.  He is painfully slow, and really is pretty much a one man show.  In short - don't count on having them for your honeymoon unless it is in July or something, and hope that I'm wrong.

May 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks for any ideas.

Just checking... you're not actually having a honeymoon with the Pico amp.....right??

May 13, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #10 of 11
Have you tried messaging him here on head-fi? I've messaged him here and he responded within about a week or so, which is pretty good for a one man show. Last time I've emailed him about one of his amps, he responded within a few days, so it's likely that he's just busy. 

May 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Just checking... you're not actually having a honeymoon with the Pico amp.....right??

Actually he says he wants to use the amp for his honeymoon...

OP - sorry, I do see your email.  it just got buried.  PM me here or call if that happens.  ive been extremely busy this week and sort of sick the past few days.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back