Dedicated soundcard - back panel interference / bleeping sound
Apr 29, 2015 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheVeel

New Head-Fier
My first thread. I'm also not native to English so please bare with me.

So, i've just upgraded my PC's audio a bit. I'm a rookie when it comes to PC audio so I put in ASUS Xonar DX sound card and bought an amp for it - FiiO e11 since i heard some decent opinions about it and it was the only thing i could afford at the time.

The problem is after I installed it whenever I connect my amp to back pannel soundcard output and then plug headphones in, i can hear random bleeping noises - like my computer was processing data. The bleeps get louder and more frequent when i do web browsing, gaming and , generally, when my PC is in active use. 

When I plug headphones directly to soundcard output, the bleeps are gone. If I connect my amp to front panel output and then plug the headphones in, there is no bleeping.

So front panel audio works fine, i get interferrence from sound card's direct output and the bleeping sounds are only hearable when amplified. Both amp and headphones work absolutely fine.
Could this be a grounding issue? But then why would FP output work just fine? Besides I was always convinced my PC was properly grounded from the socket.

Thanks for reply in advance.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #2 of 4
You may have the E11 amping so much, the little bleeps are audible - so try turning up the on-board volume on your computer and turn the E11 down a bit.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 4
That partially did it. While bleeps are there they are now silent enough that I can live with them.

So I asked around and it turns out our block of flats isn't actually properly grounded. Communist work, communist leftovers i suppose... Anyway thanks for the help.

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 4
  That partially did it. While bleeps are there they are now silent enough that I can live with them.
So I asked around and it turns out our block of flats isn't actually properly grounded. Communist work, communist leftovers I suppose... Anyway thanks for the help.

What country are you in?

Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before installing the Xonar DX and Asus software?
Sometimes it helps to place the sound card in the slot farthest away from the graphics card, to help reduce electrical noise.

I prefer to use the Unified Xonar Drivers, with my Asus sound cards.
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back