Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Nov 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #691 of 1,238
You may have a bad tube.  When I had an issue with some buzzing it turned out to be a bad input tube.  Which was strange since it was a brand new Gold Lions 12AX7 used for about a week but these things happen.  Now the Taboo is back to its dead quiet self.  I would start replacing tubes (assuming you have a 2nd set) to identify a possibly bad tube.

Quote:
quick question for you all, do any of you hear any humming/buzzing/ANY kind of noise or sound when you have headphones (any headphones) connected to your Decware gear when NO music is playing??? Do you find this noise normal? Abnormal? Does it not bother you much once music starts playing if you have any noise at all?

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #692 of 1,238
Quote:
quick question for you all, do any of you hear any humming/buzzing/ANY kind of noise or sound when you have headphones (any headphones) connected to your Decware gear when NO music is playing??? Do you find this noise normal? Abnormal? Does it not bother you much once music starts playing if you have any noise at all?

HPDJ,  No buzz at all. Dead quiet...

Cante Ista, you may want to PM Skylab. He had the first Mini Torii with a HP mod....

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #693 of 1,238
No need to PM me. I no longer have the MT, but as I have said many times, there was hum with high efficiency headphones, and the MT isn't designed for those. With the Audeze and HiFiMan headphones I had no hum audible.

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #695 of 1,238
Skylab's posts on the MT with the HP mod was one of the reasons i was considering it. Thanks for the suggestions though and all the feedback. 

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #696 of 1,238
I just switched all my tubes with my spares and the buzzing is still there...I can even hear it through my speakers. It's much more prominent on the left channel than the right. The right side is barely audible through the speakers...but with headphones it's unbearable on the left side and definitely noticeable on the right, more like humming/slight hiss on this side...

So I don't think it's the tubes...even when I switched the tubes from one side to the other side with the set I had in there the buzzing remained the same on the left channel. What are some other reasons why this buzzing could be happening?? I have to talk with Steve about it...I've tried a bunch of different things to make sure it's not something I'm doing. I'm open to some suggestions of things to try. Thanks guys! :) 

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #697 of 1,238
If you have swapped the L/R tubes and the problem still persists on the Left then a call to Steve is definitely the next step.

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #698 of 1,238
Could it be your power?

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #699 of 1,238
I live in an apartment in NY and this particular place probably doesn't have very good power...but even if it was just the power that was the issue, it wouldn't explain why I have buzzing on one side and some hum from the other...will have to wait till Tuesday before I can contact Decware because they are closed on Mondays...thanks for all the suggestions!!

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #700 of 1,238
what component do you have?  is there a power supply next to the component?  hope you can fix it without letting it go for a time.  I would really miss mine.  how long have you had the component, how long has it worked properly?  

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #701 of 1,238
MadDude had buzzing similar to what you describe HPDJ. His was a CSP2+.

Unlucky for him, lucky for me as I bought his repaired (by Decware) amp. It is now dead silent (with no music signal!), as is my Taboo.

Contact Decware for sure.

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #702 of 1,238
I had buzzing, but it was a bad 6922 Golden Lion....New tube, all is good....

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #703 of 1,238
Snapontom, I have a Mini Torii and I've had it since January of this year...no power supply near it. It sits on a desk b/t my desktop speakers...the unit worked great until I noticed a buzzing in the RIGHT channel when I had headphones on (the LCD 2 rev 2's)...maybe 7 or 8 months in...the problem started getting worse little by little. When I put my ear to the RIGHT speaker (Trapeziums) I could hear the sound as well, although it was much less prominent. The issue was just on the RIGHT side, the left side was pretty quite. Maybe not dead quite but not distracting during quiet passages..

After I completely ruled out anything I could be doing on my end and having walked through one or two more things to try as Steve was on the phone with me, he suggested that I send it back to be checked out. It turned out that it was an issue with the volume pot on the right side of the amp...Steve thinks it's an issue that could have started when it was shipped. Like maybe it wasn't handled right...the minor buzzing I was hearing would be at it's most prominent when the volume was all the way down on the right side, and would decrease in intensity as I raised the volume. So Decware had the amp for a few weeks and also offered to include the newly available upgrades to my amp while it was there...after talking it through with Steve I agreed to get the upgrades and finally got the amp back sometime last week..

As soon as I turned it on the LEFT side had a prominent buzzing, kinda like the buzzing that was on the RIGHT side before but worse...I didn't have to move as close to the speaker as I did before I sent the amp back, to hear the buzzing. And it's just coming from the LEFT side now....I put on the LCD 2's and as you would imagine, the buzzing was VERY prominent in the LEFT channel...very distracting. 

That's basically the story...I've tried a bunch of things to determine if it's something I'm doing or one of my other components but it's not. Sounds like mostly everyone else hears no noise at all. I still hear some noise on the non-buzzy RIGHT channel now (as I mentioned before)....slight hum when I have my phones on. Seems like a unique situation. Decware is a great company and I'm sure they will help me sort this out. I know it would not have left their possession if it had been acting up. I haven't had music in my system for weeks and weeks now...can't wait to get things rolling again! 

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #704 of 1,238
Man, how frustrating...   I hope you get things fixed soon!

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #705 of 1,238
hey HPDJ. I hope you get this resolved quickly and painlessly.

I am really interested in how this thing turns out for you. I have read here and there that service response from Decware could be not as prompt and friendly as initial sale. Of course, I have generally come across people saying that they are happy with the company. Please let us know how this turns out -- i.e. their response to your call, turn around time, and whether the issue was resolved when you got it back. 

Also, Everyone, please understand that I am not trying to pick on Decware, just want to get more insight into this and hopefully set the record straight -- especially if the negative feedback I came across was just random, once in a blue moon thing, or just a generally grumpy person complaining (no offense).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back