decision on muvo2 and karma 20gig
Apr 1, 2004 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pho_boi

100+ Head-Fier
hey everyone,

atm i have creative muvo2 wiht a 256mb CF card inside it, i am loving it but the 256mb is gettin too small for me, so i thought i'd go get a 4gig version. but while reading up on this i remembered that the karma will only cost a little bit more and has 20gig and is about the same size. i realise the problems with karma's hard drive failling and all, but they do have pretty good battery life and the sound as i read is very very good. i am completely lost about what to get!?!?
frown.gif
and it would be nice to see what the rest of the head-fi community thinks about this situation.

thnka you

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 7
I get on average 12-15 hours battery life on my Karma. I got mine at Best Buy with the warranty just to be safe, and so far it's the best audio investment I've made.

I'm extremely happy with it
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 7
Karma, with an extended warranty. It's a great little player and gives you plenty of space to play around with. No problems with mine thus far.

Apr 1, 2004 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 7
As you are currently using a player that shows up as an external drive, maybe the ihp-120 would be worth considering as well?

Personally, I like the small size of the 4gb muvo2 for daily use, theres enough room for a decent selection of albums and some spoken word stuff. You need to work out which is more important, player size or hd capacity.

Apr 1, 2004 at 12:51 PM Post #5 of 7
size is more important then hdd capacity. i was going to upgrade my current muvo2 with a 1gig microdrive, but the cost wasn't worth it because i can just buy a brand new 4gig muvo2 for just a bit more money. but yeh 1gig is plenty for me and 20gig will only be usefull sometimes.
its just that i have so many arguements and counter-arguements for which to buy.

anyone else have opinions to help me decide?
thank you

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:06 PM Post #6 of 7
If you need the capacity, go with the Karma. If not, I find the Muvo would probably be a better sounding unit than the Karma, without having to EQ it, if it sounds anything like it's big brothers.

Plus there's the optional remote if you need it available for the Muvo.

Unless you need more than 10 hours battery life, you might want to look at the Ipod Mini as well. Probably doesn't sound as good as the Muvo (slightly behind), but at least for me, I find the Ipods sound better than the Karma.

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by pho_boi
size is more important then hdd capacity. i was going to upgrade my current muvo2 with a 1gig microdrive, but the cost wasn't worth it because i can just buy a brand new 4gig muvo2 for just a bit more money. but yeh 1gig is plenty for me and 20gig will only be usefull sometimes.

GO for the muvo2 if you can find one, you are already using one so can obviously cope with the small screen and controls so you may as well go for the better sounding 4gig player, you'll also have the bonus of 20+ hours battery life if you needed it since you'll have the battery from each player to use if you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back