Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy
Sep 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ucrags84

100+ Head-Fier
I am ready to pull the trigger on a custom: The JH5 or the 1964 T, universals are out of the picture at this point because my right ear canal has a very odd shape and I will get a better seal w/customs. 

From what I have read on appreciation threads and forums both these IEMs have a touch of warmth and have generally good extension across the spectrum with a little treble rolloff. Since I haven't heard them, I would like your suggestions on which one to get. 

I'd like something without too much bass to bother the midrange and just take over everything. Ideally, I would like a decent midrange that is not too recessed, I understand both of these don't have dedicated mid drivers but still do a decent job in that area. 

I do like clear highs, but wouldn't mind just a small bit of treble roll off to dampen out sibilance in many of my tracks.  

My price range has brought me to these two around $500

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 6
I recently got a pair of 1694-T - the sound is great. Very tonally balanced, nothing is too in-your face or overbearing - unless of course the music was mixed that way. Bass is strong and extends low, but it doesn't take over. Mids and treble are open and there's tons of clarity.

I've read reviews say that the 1964 products are have got a rolled off high end, I would disagree slightly.
They have controlled sibilance subtly, but the highs are certainly not rolled off, to my ears anyway. 

I gave 1964 a try to get the most possible band for my bucks, I've never tried a JH product, but I don't really feel like I need to, I can't imagine anything sounding much better than the Triples from 1964.

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #5 of 6
I will recommend to buy used JH13Pro or other highend custom IEM from here(F/S forum) and reshell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back