Decent quality, fairly large capacity, DAP for under $100?
Jan 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Robinsponge

New Head-Fier
Does such a thing exist? 

I'm kind of new to the whole headphones thing, I got some Shure SRH440s last year as my first foray into it and love them, I would really love a nice quality player/amp setup to cart to and from university.

So far, second-hand seems to be the best way to go in terms of getting something good for my money and I am happy to, and have the time to, watch ebay or whatever for ages to find stuff. 

I've done a good few hours of research over the last couple days, but it's hard to know what to look for. Everyone seems to rave about the Sansa Clip, how's the Fuze+? I'm also looking at older iPod Classic models, Zunes and (if I can find one) an old Cowon. 

Does anyone have any advice in regard to an okay DAP? A capacity of preferably 20gb minimum would be rad, if it's lower than that with an SD card then that's awesome too. 

Sorry if this is the wrong place, I was getting kinda tired of trawling through old pages of conflicting reviews and stuff. Any help would be lovely! 

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 11
Hi,

http://www.amazon.com/Zune-Digital-Media-Player-White/dp/B000FMZE7W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358187224&sr=8-2&keywords=zune+30gb 

The zune original was a great device buying used isnt always bad. You can also buy a referbished one too. 

Andre

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
I see you are from the UK... $100 or £100?

Quote:
Hi,

http://www.amazon.com/Zune-Digital-Media-Player-White/dp/B000FMZE7W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358187224&sr=8-2&keywords=zune+30gb 

The zune original was a great device buying used isnt always bad. You can also buy a referbished one too. 

Andre

That looks good, there seem to be loads on the Amazon marketplace bit, I shall bear them in mind. Really like the Zune. In theory :p

Quote:
I see you are from the UK... $100 or £100?

Well, the forum site appeared to mainly deal in dollars, so I thought for discussion that dollars might be easier. But I've roughly £75 to play with, however there is literally no more than that, I'd like to have some remainder to start putting towards amps/DACs where necessary. Being a student doesn't allow much to play with in terms of budgeting. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 11
The problem with buying a used player is that you don't know how worn the battery is, and how much battery life it will give. I guess if you feel you can trust what the seller says about battery life, then hopefully you will be okay. I don't know about the Zunes, however it is quite difficult to replace the battery in some mp3 players.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 11
a 2gb or 4gb sansa clip and a 64gb microsd card costs around 100usd.

just format the microsd card to FAT32 so that the clip will read 64gb

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #7 of 11
Sansa Clip Zip, (15 hours) there's good refurbs on ebay for $30, Cowon C2 (50 hours) found on ebay for $105, Colorfly C3 found on ebay for around $100. (15-17 hours)

All support micro sd and have decent sound quality.

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
The problem with buying a used player is that you don't know how worn the battery is, and how much battery life it will give. I guess if you feel you can trust what the seller says about battery life, then hopefully you will be okay. I don't know about the Zunes, however it is quite difficult to replace the battery in some mp3 players.

That why they have Referb for under 100.

Sansa Clip Zip, (15 hours) there's good refurbs on ebay for $30, Cowon C2 (50 hours) found on ebay for $105, Colorfly C3 found on ebay for around $100. (15-17 hours)

All support micro sd and have decent sound quality.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855125168 or 40 new.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #9 of 11
Jan 18, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #11 of 11
I would got with the v1 fuze, it's a half decent player plus it can be used with an lod.

Istor on ebay sells tons of factory refurbs on the cheap

Also bung this in, it's a cracking deal

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Samsung/Samsung-32GB-Micro-SDHC-Plus---Class-6--UHS-1?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=130115_Samsung_32GB_Micro_SD&origin=Newsletter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back