Decent quality and comfortable in-ear headphones for my gf
May 27, 2008 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ZimbuTheMonkey

Head-Fier
Hey guys.

She's got a first-gen nano. I told her to buy a decent pair of headphones right from the get go but to this day she is still sporting the stock buds. Every time I see them I have a strong urge to smash them in with a hammer.

I recently rockboxed it, so I figure I'd improve her listening experience. She's tried my Shures, and although she liked the sound they were very uncomfortable for her. I can sympathize, even after years of using them, they still irritate my ears.

So I'd like to buy some reasonably priced (read: cheap) in-ear headphones with the prime focus on comfort. Can you guys recommend me some?

Thanks.

May 28, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #3 of 12
I got my fiance a pair of CK7s since I love mine so much.
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 12
westone UM1 were amazingly comfortable, sennheiser CX series is also super comfortable...

May 28, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 12
I ordered the Westone UM1's for my wife yesterday after some research here at Head-Fi. She was looking for comfort and microphonics (or the lack thereof) in IEM's. We'll see how it goes.

May 28, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #10 of 12
UM1 would be suited. It is comfortable for wearing in comparison with most of other IEMS.

IPOD stock earbuds are good, don't break it just give it to me. I'd like to open the shell and have a look inside. ; - ))

May 28, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #12 of 12
RE2, the best sub-100 IEM I know of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back