Decent DAC around $100 or less?
Oct 10, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #16 of 18
PurpleAngel is right, stick with the Behringer you have for now, and do a little research before you choose which DAC you want to buy! You can do absolutely great for about $100, I loved the older Schiit Modi 2, so I'd strongly recommend the new one based on what I've heard about it!

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #17 of 18
Looks like I might be getting this. Thanks!
I have a Tone board and a Modi 3 and to me not a lot of difference in the two. I also have the Magni 3 and JDS Labs Atom and again not a big difference between those either. They all run the same price so I would be fine with either setup but it is nice to have the matching stack from Schiit. The Khadas like was said before is a naked board with little screw in legs but I would get a case for it to prevent a accident from happening and another thing I like about the Modi is it has a separate power from its usb connection which allows you to use it with a phone if you want as some might work but will be draining the battery a bit faster and it also has a optical connection as well that the Tone Board doesn’t. While another poster said it measures better than all Schiit dacs be that as it may I can tell you for certain it doesn’t even come close to sounding anywhere close to my Schiit Yggdrasil granted 24X as much but better measurements doesn’t mean it sounds better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back