Death Metal Discussion
Aug 4, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #258 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new Arsis is so bland imo.

maybe because there's more classical influence and they sounded less brutal..? or i say not brutal.. but theyve gone more melodic..?

Aug 5, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #260 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, who here has heard Nihilist, the band that would become Entombed?

I agree that they were probably better than the famous early Entombed albums that followed:
-left hand path
-clandestine
I have the Nihilist 1987-89 collection

This thread has caused me to further expand my early nordic DM collection, just picked up:

Carnage - Dark Recollections (Mike Amott)(band became Dismember)
Dismember - Everflowing Stream + Indecent & Obscence (first two albums)

Didn't realize the early nordic DM scence was this developed and deep with talent, almost rivals Florida DM scence of that time

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #261 of 650
If you like that Nihilist album, you'd probably also like the Gorefest demos (Tangled in Gore and Horrors in a dumb Mind) if you haven't heard them already. I think they're better than any of their later full-lengths. Why these bands felt like they had to change their sound on the full-lengths is beyond me, but at least, I'm glad these demos are now pretty readily available.

Aug 9, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #262 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that they were probably better than the famous early Entombed albums that followed:
-left hand path
-clandestine
I have the Nihilist 1987-89 collection

This thread has caused me to further expand my early nordic DM collection, just picked up:

Carnage - Dark Recollections (Mike Amott)(band became Dismember)
Dismember - Everflowing Stream + Indecent & Obscence (first two albums)

Didn't realize the early nordic DM scence was this developed and deep with talent, almost rivals Florida DM scence of that time

I think I have all my bases covered now for early nordic death metal scence (pre Goethenborg) with:
-Nihilist
-Carnage
-Dismember
-Unleashed
-Entombed

Coroner
Man I like these so much had to pick-up debut "RIP" so now only missing last album "Grin"

Lamb of God
Picked up three of these cheap used at Amazon, remind me a bit of Mastodon, not quite as good but definitely better than 95% of the new crap out there, palaces is especially good:
-as the palaces burn
-ashes
-sacrament

Aug 9, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #263 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Coroner
Man I like these so much had to pick-up debut "RIP" so now only missing last album "Grin"

Don't get your hopes up. I think by that time they picked up some Pantera and Helmet influences or some **** like that. It's not nearly as good as their earlier stuff.

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #264 of 650
I just returned from the gym where me and my friends worked out listening to Deathless 2000 "The Time To Be Immortal". It's great! These guys from Spain know how to play real Death Metal! Check them out.

Aug 9, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #266 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, Darkangel, you're missing a few great swedish/finnish bands.

I mean, what about Grave?
Demigod?
Adramelech?

Can't have em all
tongue.gif

I have massive collection of nordic melodic death which I listen to more often, collected over 6 years of darkest desires 1-5 threads

I generally don't like the newer brutal super technical ultra fast death metal that has become popular since mid 1990's.......must have a little melody and tempo variation which great death metal bands had in late 1980s and early 1990s

Aug 9, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #267 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get your hopes up. I think by that time they picked up some Pantera and Helmet influences or some **** like that. It's not nearly as good as their earlier stuff.

I saw your comments about "grin" before........no problem I am quite happy with the 4 Coroner albums I have now:
-RIP
-Punishment for Decadence
-No More Color
-Mental Vortex

Aug 11, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #269 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, I'm really loving the old school feel of it. I have their LP now i'm looking into getting their EP.

Dead Congregation.

The EP is great, even more of an earlier Incantation feel to it.

Aug 11, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #270 of 650
Cipher System2004 "Central Tunnel" - I really liked this album, it's got melodies and it's got the rhythm. It feels you with the energy of destruction and sadness...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back