Death Cab For Cutie fans?
Mar 20, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 22
check out the band "the postal service". you may also like the band "stars".

Mar 20, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 22
death cab for Cutie fan here too
biggrin.gif
. I listen to them when I want to relax and chill.

Mar 21, 2006 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 22
I like their older stuff better, but plans is pretty good. Check out transatlantacism, I like that one a lot.
Slade

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 22
can't express how much i despise the postal service. just pretentious bollocks.

as for death cab for cutie, i recommend the album "we have the facts and we're voting yes"

only thing by them i care to listen to.

actually, their cover of "all is full of love" by bjork is pretty fun.

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote

nice. classic thread crap.

see the posting rules for music forum.

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #10 of 22
I would agree that plans is a good album, but their older stuff is much more to my liking.

They are a lot of fun to see live, as well. I saw them two nights in a row in Chicago a few years back. Awesome time.

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #11 of 22
their old stuff is good, but very lo-fi unfortunately

i think photo album is one of their most overlooked records, and it is one of their strongest IMHO. after hearing "we laugh indoors" for the first time i couldn't get it out of my head for at least a week. also, his lyrical wit is really, really good on that album.

Mar 22, 2006 at 11:59 AM Post #12 of 22
What Sarah Said has really touched me.

I also like Stability from the Stability EP.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #13 of 22
Death Cab rocks. in addition to Plans, Transatlanticism is another awesome album. and Postal Service is another band that's very similar to Death Cab, i think the lead singer is the same and the lead guitarist (or it may be someone else, I just know that they share two band members).

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote

nice. classic thread crap.

see the posting rules for music forum.

But the thread is about Death Cab appreciation. Does this oftentimes silly (imo) thread crap policy extend to all their side projects too? What about the poster right below you that said "Not a fan of their new stuff", is that a thread crap too?

Just curious
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
But the thread is about Death Cab appreciation. Does this oftentimes silly (imo) thread crap policy extend to all their side projects too? What about the poster right below you that said "Not a fan of their new stuff", is that a thread crap too?

Just curious
wink.gif

beside tps being ben gibbord's other band, if you read the forum sticky there is no mention of a specific title:band correlation.

besides, someone who is obviously a fan of radiohead calling another band "pretentious" just would not stand.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back