Deals Thread--On the Road Again
Apr 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

KG Jag

Headphoneus Supremus
Offered for your consideration, as more or less, a sibling of the Deals thread in the Full Size Headphones section of this forum, I'll open with the AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red available from Electronics Expo for $32.95--before any coupon discount, shipping and possibly applicable sales tax.  Link:

http://www.electronics-expo.com/akg-k-518-le-limited-edition-folding-headphones-red

What good deals can you add for the benefit or your fellow Head-Fi-ers?

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 13
No worries but I did migrate this deal that you found to the aforementioned deals tread as many people have subscribed to that thread and will see it.  I hope you don't mind that I did that but this way your deal will get maximum exposure to the community.  
happy_face1.gif

Quote:
Sorry--I looked before posting, but must have missed it.

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #9 of 13
The official deals thread is very linear and price-focused. I'd like to have a thread for the abstract thinkers who aren't all obsessed about prices.

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
Too much discussions over there. 

You need to take some things into account before you can make this claim though.  Even though the topic and intent of the thread is for reporting deals it is still a thread on a discussion board when it should really be a discussion board section all of it's own so the layout is that each deal found and reported is its own thread in that board.  This would please both sides of this discussion as the folks just looking for deals will see the deals in a topic list and can than open the thread for it and see all of the relivant info for that deal in the OP if interested.  Then the folks that want to discuss the deal can do so in that thread without requiring the ones who don't care for the discussion to read through it.  Take slickdeals.net for an example on this and I can see the "For Sale" section on Head-Fi adapted to perform this function as well.  Going this route though would require more maintanence and moderation work.  Another thing to consider as well is that the discussions going on in the tread is usually related to a deal or that of the integrity of the deal/site(seller)/product/warrantee/delivery/etc... so even though it seems that its going off topic to you it might not to others.

Quote:
The official deals thread is very linear and price-focused. I'd like to have a thread for the abstract thinkers who aren't all obsessed about prices.

The purpose of the deals thread is to report a decrease of cost by a seller on products or services; be it in monitary value or quality of service for the known good price point without losing any of the original value or else it wouldn't be a deal at all.  Any item or service has a cost placed on it by its manufacturer however the cost will not always equal the value but you know that regardless of the cost the value is the same to the individual on a brand new item or service.  The cost is seen by the price of the item or service and delivery of said item or service to you.  You already know the value of the product and that the value is the same on all instance of this product (assuming brand new in box and such) so what changes from store to store or site to site??  The Cost! and that cost always boils down to a price.  That price vs. value to you including (Product/S+H/Convenience/Availability/Return Policies/Seller Trust/etc....) is where these sites and stores compete for business and that gives birth to a Deal which you need to weigh against other deals of the same product that holds the same value.  Price is everything when it comes to deals if you factor all of these things into it Product/S+H/Convenience/Availability/Return Policies/Seller Trust/etc.... because that is what you are deciding to pay for.  This process is suppose to be linear and price-focused and if you want a brand new pair of TF-10's than you are going to be hitting stores and sites that you trust looking for the lowest price for the same value to the point of obsession to get every pennies worth for your hard earned dollar.

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
Viperkun said:

The purpose of the deals thread is to report a decrease of cost by a seller on products or services; be it in monitary value or quality of service for the known good price point without losing any of the original value or else it wouldn't be a deal at all.  Any item or service has a cost placed on it by its manufacturer however the cost will not always equal the value but you know that regardless of the cost the value is the same to the individual on a brand new item or service.  The cost is seen by the price of the item or service and delivery of said item or service to you.  You already know the value of the product and that the value is the same on all instance of this product (assuming brand new in box and such) so what changes from store to store or site to site??  The Cost! and that cost always boils down to a price.  That price vs. value to you including (Product/S+H/Convenience/Availability/Return Policies/Seller Trust/etc....) is where these sites and stores compete for business and that gives birth to a Deal which you need to weigh against other deals of the same product that holds the same value.  Price is everything when it comes to deals if you factor all of these things into it Product/S+H/Convenience/Availability/Return Policies/Seller Trust/etc.... because that is what you are deciding to pay for.  This process is suppose to be linear and price-focused and if you want a brand new pair of TF-10's than you are going to be hitting stores and sites that you trust looking for the lowest price for the same value to the point of obsession to get every pennies worth for your hard earned dollar.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is we should try more of a brainstorming approach, like a spiderweb of ideas. Value is by nature an abstract concept, so shouldn't we be using conceptual terms when debating the subjective nature of assigning value to manufactured goods? A passionate and thriving dialogue among communities must coalesce in order that a market-based economy may evolve and flourish..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back