Deal Alert: Sennheiser IE8 for $228 at eCost
Oct 4, 2009 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

CodeScripted

100+ Head-Fier
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this thread:

Sennheiser IE8 for $228 + 9.99 Shipping.

I already bought mine a while back, but if anyone wants a good deal....

eCost is a very good store and I have bought many item in past. Very quick in shipping items. Overall good experience. I am not sure if this is a price error, but it does not hurt to try. I am sure they will refund if it was a price error. Not sure about the warranty though, because on SennheiserUSA it does not show them as a authorized reseller. But again.....overall a good deal

Here is the link:
eCOST.com-Sennheiser Premium Audiophile Noise Isolating Headphone - IE 8 - Sennheiser IE 8 (Headphones) - eCOST.com - electronics, computers, laptops, mp3 players

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 36
Wow nice deal! Wish I live in the US
frown.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #5 of 36
No shipping to PO Box, so I can't get them to my dorm. Ugh.
I hope it's still up Monday, I'll try calling them and see if they can work something out. Otherwise, I probably have to pass this up. Shame, since I've been very curious about the IE8s.

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #6 of 36
Looks like they also have the IE7 on sale for $170.

Tempting...

According to their site both deals are good for another 17 hours as I'm writing this.

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 36
Wow... that's cheaper than a lot of 2nd hand IE8s...

I wonder how sennheiser lets them get away with this.

Oct 4, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #8 of 36
Oh man, they ship to Canada. $280 CAD without shipping, according to current conversion rates, that comes out to $258 USD, which is still a smoking offer (although as not good as you Americans). I am seriously tempted by this.

EDIT: Got too excited, too fast. turns out they won't export them outside USA. Damn you Sennheiser USA!
frown.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #11 of 36
You live in Switzerland?
smily_headphones1.gif

You are right, they are well worth the 228 or even more, but you would only find out if its your type of sound sig. after buying them.
I live near the Bodensee at the moment in AR, so it was pure coincidence that I bumped into them. I couldn't resist, furthermore I subtracted the mwst when I got them into Switzerland, which made it even more of a deal.

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #12 of 36
If only the deal was longer.
frown.gif
Awesome price. I've only seen fakes sell this low.
tongue.gif

Hopefully a couple of these pop up in the For Sale section after a few folks try them out. I'll have money for a set in like two days but not now because I just grabbed a pair of UM3Xs.

Anybody want to buy a set for me?
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You live in Switzerland?
smily_headphones1.gif

You are right, they are well worth the 228 or even more, but you would only find out if its your type of sound sig. after buying them.
I live near the Bodensee at the moment in AR, so it was pure coincidence that I bumped into them. I couldn't resist, furthermore I subtracted the mwst when I got them into Switzerland, which made it even more of a deal.

Got mine in Switzerland last December for CHF 275 shipped (USD 250) which was a pretty good price then. I liked them from the beginning and once I found out how to get rid of the midbass hump I really loved them. When properly EQd (minus 6 dB at 120 Hz, no correction below 40 and above 200 Hz) they come just after my JH-13s and clearly before SE-530, TF-10 and W3.

Oct 4, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #14 of 36
Oh, is it part of the Bargain Countdown thing they have? I didn't even notice!

Well, I got it and had it shipped to my house. It's many hours away, so I really would've preferred not to but I don't want to miss the deal. It's really pretty incredible, like all of you have been saying, mostly for US customers.

Expect a showdown between the X10 and IE8 once I get them! One of them will be up in the for sale section soon...

[regarding eCOST: I looked through some of their previous deals and stuff, they have some pretty ridiculous deals sometimes! I'll have to keep an eye on that place!]

ps; thanks for posting this, CodeScripted!

Oct 4, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #15 of 36
I seemed to recall the name eCost, so went to Resellerratings and found: 98 customers of the last 6 months reported dissatisfaction...it gave them a 1.15 rating out of 5, which is definitely in the lock up your CC and wallet range. ...........just like on eBay - I always take a solid look at a sellers' history before I risk losing my money online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back