Deal Alert: Beyerdynamic Headphones at B & H Photo!!!!!
Aug 5, 2010 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

rhfactor1

100+ Head-Fier
Looked up these prices on a few Beyerdynamic Headphones this morning at bhphoto.com (I think some are incredible values from a known authorized dealer-I need another pair of headphones like a hole-in-the-head). Premium DT-880 600 ohm $249.99, Premium DT-770 600 ohm $184.99 (out of stock at this time), and DT-660 for $149.95. If B & H has headphones out of stock it has been my experience they have items back in stock usually within 10 business days. I believe these to be price drops from the last time I checked B & H this last weekend. Happy Listening and Buying.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #3 of 29
They also have good prices on AKG and Fostex, but unfortunately not for Sennheiser (I'm looking around for a cheap HD 600, but at this point it's more for curiosity than to actually purchase).

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #5 of 29
You won't find much better shipping to Canada for headphones. TTVJ is about 25$ and soundearphones 20$ and, as far as I know, those three are the only ones who offer a standard USPS option to Canada (avoid UPS unless you know exactly what option to pick: if they ship UPS standard, prepare yourself to pay 2-3 times the shipping in brokerage fees).

Include the shipping in the price, and compare what you would pay in Canada for the same headphones, they'll still come up much cheaper. That's assuming you can find these in Canada, since not many stores stock Beyers: I know only of Son Idéal in Montréal.

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #6 of 29
Yea, that was the other thing. B&H didn't offer a USPS option, only UPS, Fedex and "International Priority Mail"... which i now realize might be usps. hmmm...

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 29
well you are still lucky. the shipping charge for my dt990 was 50+ usd. i still had to pay customs charges on top of that 
smile.gif

b&h delivered quite fast though. packaging was better than i expected... 
Quote:
those 600 ohm dt880 seem like a great deal, but I hate the 30 dollar shipping to canada

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #8 of 29

Quote:
well you are still lucky. the shipping charge for my dt990 was 50+ usd. i still had to pay customs charges on top of that 
smile.gif

b&h delivered quite fast though. packaging was better than i expected... 

Oh...thats why i ask my friends to buy the headphones when im away from home...
Paying to customs is getting expensive. 

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 29
UPS is ridiculous in Canada... Charging tax for everything, even a $20 tubes purchase
angry_face.gif
. I have no problem with Canada Post, only UPS.

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #13 of 29
Grado has plenty of midbass, but it bottoms out pretty fast.  The Beyers have great bass, but it keeps on going and going and going.

The DT990/600s have the best bass I've heard in a headphone--it sounds like a great speaker set in bass terms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back