Dead OH10's?
Jan 17, 2022 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Fiercest

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I'm fairly new in the Audiophile hobby (absorbing information stage) and need some help. So story time.

I bought my first pair of IEM's, the Ikko OH10's, used them in my crappy headphone stand DAC and on my phone, and they were really fun IEMs to listen to, great clarity, great bass (they traded blows with my full headset). The next day I took them out with me, and when I went inside from cold to warm temperature I felt them slightly shocking my ear. I pulled them out and after a little while it was gone when I put them back in. Sound quality was still fantastic and I had a listening session which was fun. Next day, my EarStudio ES100 Mk.2 Bluetooth DAC/AMP comes in and I try it out with my OH10's on bluetooth. The bass is really tame unlike before, but I figure that it might have something to do with the bluetooth. Later I try them again, but notice the sound quality is really bad, and start fiddling with the EQ to get some bass, but the bass just isn't hitting like it did when I first got it (even when set really high), the trebly punches in the music are really piercing my ears as well. So I go and plug it into my crappy headphone stand DAC and phone (from day 1) which sounded amazing before. I realized it wasn't an issue with the ES100 or bluetooth, but the IEM's were coming out EXTRA muddy, no bass, and sounded like some $5 earbuds. Absolutely nothing like what I first heard.

So what happened? Where did I go wrong? What's wrong with the IEM's?
I listen to EDM pretty loud so did the drivers give out because of too much bass (if so why did they give out overnight and not when i was listening)? Was it the 2x current mode on the ES100?

I've reached out to Ikko to send them back, at this point I'm super unsure of what happened, and want to make sure to never make a mistake again (if it was my fault), or if it was just a poorly manufactured set that gave out too fast.

Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back