dCS Bartok
Jan 29, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #1,771 of 2,027
Jan 29, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #1,772 of 2,027
Jan 29, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #1,773 of 2,027
This is strictly speculation. The dealer should not be making this claim at this point in time.
Yeah there seems to be confusion and no official word from dCS thus far.
That looks like a naming mistake. If you check the description of the Rossini Apex, it mentions the Apex upgrade, the Bartok's doesn't.
Certainly possible, has happened in the past.

all that combined with the speculation in this thread makes me wonder though

https://dcs.community/t/bartok-apex-upgrade/4981/57

Jan 29, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #1,774 of 2,027
Jan 29, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #1,775 of 2,027
Isn't that 2.5x the price of the bartok on release?
I'm not sure what the UK release price was, but the price increases on the Bartok (not mentioning any supposed APEX update to it) were pretty severe, even with covid/supplychain/BOM increase considerations.

It always seemed to me that the Bartok price increases were not so much tied to the aforementioned concerns (though it was a very convenient excuse,) but tied to making room for the LINA within their lineup as it pretty much exactly supplanted the Bartoks original price point.

Jan 29, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #1,776 of 2,027
I'm not sure what the UK release price was, but the price increases on the Bartok (not mentioning any supposed APEX update to it) were pretty severe, even with covid/supplychain/BOM increase considerations.

It always seemed to me that the Bartok price increases were not so much tied to the aforementioned concerns (though it was a very convenient excuse,) but tied to making room for the LINA within their lineup as it pretty much exactly supplanted the Bartoks original price point.
That somehow leaves such a bad taste.
At least for me

Jan 29, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #1,777 of 2,027
At least for me
Agreed 100%. I totally understand that costs on materials have shot up considerably, and that +5-10 dollars in BOM can end up being +100 dollars (or more) on the user end price. With that being said, the bartok has almost doubled in cost ($17,950USD currently without headphone amp) since its release......so I think there is probably a bit of both going on.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #1,778 of 2,027
At least for me
I agree, but listening to it helps :p
Bartok has had a drastic price increase, but besides covid ,supply chain issues, inflation, and Lina coming out (which is cheaper and some have sold their Bartoks for), the price is also meant to reflect the 2.0 upgrade it got, which is a considerable improvement.
Even on the Rossini switching the Mapper from the new ones (2.0) to the old one, there is a pretty stark difference.
Annoying, but I kind of get it.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #1,779 of 2,027
Yes the 2.0 made quite a difference.

The increases are not small though.

I bought mine second hand (only 1year old) for 8k. Quite pleased with that price now!

Jan 29, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #1,780 of 2,027
I agree, but listening to it helps :p
Bartok has had a drastic price increase, but besides covid ,supply chain issues, inflation, and Lina coming out (which is cheaper and some have sold their Bartoks for), the price is also meant to reflect the 2.0 upgrade it got, which is a considerable improvement.
Even on the Rossini switching the Mapper from the new ones (2.0) to the old one, there is a pretty stark difference.
Annoying, but I kind of get it.
Yeah, it's just one of those things. I bet listening and enjoying helps a whole lot, haha :slight_smile:

Also, It is 100% not just dCS, there are other companies that I feel have had price increases which are a bit too enthusiastic (Chord Electronics being one, which I mention to enforce that I'm not hating on dCS as I currently own and have owned a few of Chords products.)

Jan 29, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #1,781 of 2,027
Also, It is 100% not just dCS, there are other companies that I feel have had price increases which are a bit too enthusiastic (Chord Electronics being one, which I mention to enforce that I'm not hating on dCS as I currently own and have owned a few of Chords products.)
No worries, I've owned Dave until earlier this month, and was very skeptical about dCS until I got to hear Lina. Great stuff, worth the price, but definitely priced to be aspirational, a la Rolex. There's a reason they can get away with it though. As usual, used is great value.

Jan 29, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #1,782 of 2,027
It's funny, as the list price of the Bartok goes up and up, its used price stays the same (if that).

Anyway, I like my Bartok just fine, but I'm pretty much done with DCS.

Jan 30, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #1,783 of 2,027
Agreed 100%. I totally understand that costs on materials have shot up considerably, and that +5-10 dollars in BOM can end up being +100 dollars (or more) on the user end price. With that being said, the bartok has almost doubled in cost ($17,950USD currently without headphone amp) since its release......so I think there is probably a bit of both going on.
That's crazy, I bought my used Rossini for less than that!

Jan 30, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #1,785 of 2,027
Waiting for your impressions. Looks very promising. Have been thinking about it for quite some time.
There is not much information over the net, but I could consider it in the future 2 channel system as it seems to be very good indeed.
BACCH-SP Grand audition ongoing all day ... more to follow :L3000:

20230130_123116-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back