DC03PRO the DAC/AMP Excellent and informative Video reveiw in second post!
Nov 22, 2022 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12
DC03PRO DAC/AMP Dongle. A single ended dac amp that has excellent power and versatility. Three colors.

MSRP which varies with areas due to import fees etc.: 69 USD !! This is no joke and neither is the performance. This is how you Enjoy the Music!

Lightning Cable available for 10 USD extra. This will give you a choice of USB C and a Lightning cable.

DC03Pro-EN.1024_02.jpg
DC03Pro-EN.1024_03.jpg
DC03Pro-EN.1024_05.jpg
DC03Pro-EN.1024_10.jpg
DC03Pro-EN.1024_15.jpg

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 2, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 12
A very enjoyable video by Donglemadness. Review of the DC03Pro you don't want to miss.

Dec 5, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 12
Hi Paul, I've tested the DC03PRO with my Iphone 13 Mini and Hiby R3 Pro DAP and both of them don't work with DC03PRO properly. The volume control of both Iphone and DC03PRO are both disabled and coudn't be adjusted. This also happens with Hiby R3 Pro which should have been worked perfectly like other dongles.

Is this just mine or someone has this issue too?

Dec 13, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 12
I tested the DC03PRO with my Hiby R3Pro and the volume control on the R3Pro Player became just on/off (off, but immediately on with the tiniest slide and with more sliding having no further effect). Volume control beyond that was efective but solely on the DC03PRO. Not unhappy, though; the fidelity rawks, and volume control is still easy--and very accurate.

That's personal, though. I'm certainly not saying you're wrong to wish you could still control volume from the DAP.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 12
I tested the DC03PRO with my Hiby R3Pro and the volume control on the Player became just on/off (off, but immediately on with the tiniest slide and with more sliding having no furhter effect) and volume control beyond that being solely on the DC03PRO. Not unhappy, though; the fidelity rawks, and volume control is still easy--and very accurate.

That's personal, though. I'm certainly not saying you're wrong to wish you could still control volume from the DAP.

Hi there, you said that you can control the volume from the DC03PRO when plugging into the R3 Pro? For me both volume control from R3Pro and DC03PRO are disabled :frowning2:

Dec 13, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 12
I tested the DC03PRO with my Hiby R3Pro and the volume control on the Player became just on/off (off, but immediately on with the tiniest slide and with more sliding having no furhter effect) and volume control beyond that being solely on the DC03PRO. Not unhappy, though; the fidelity rawks, and volume control is still easy--and very accurate.

The volume control on the DC03Pro is disabled? It is independent of the source. Is the DC03Pro working with any computers or other phones? You can email me at paul@ibasso.com.

Dec 14, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 12
No, the volume on the Hiby R3Pro becomes disabled, not the DC03..

The volume on the DC03 pro works beautifully. It's just that when the DC03 pro is plugged into the R3Pro, the R3ro volume control loses utility, except for going from on to off state with the tiniest slide. Beyond that, the R3Pro volume has no discernible effect.

Jan 1, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #9 of 12
Hi,
Please can someone tell me lowest gain Vrms?

Dec 3, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #12 of 12
@Paul - iBasso congratulations on this dongle, I've been using it for a week now and it is pretty much perfect in every way!

A couple of questions:

1. What is the best setting to have the system volume on? Should the Android/system volume be on full and then the DC03pro is controlled from within the app/buttons on the Dongle?
  2. Is there a description of the five digital filters somewhere? Ie. Something that describes what the filters 'do' to the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back