DC/MD/VA Meet! Sat Aug 24
Aug 2, 2002 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Hirsch

Why is there a chaplain standing over his wallet?
Hi Folks,

First DC area meet was small but a lot of fun. Let's try to do it again. There are new headphones, new amps, new interconnects, and lots of things to hear. In addition to my amps and headphones (see my profile), I've also got a Maxed Out Home loaner from Headroom. It's due back before then, but I'll check to see if I can keep it here for the meet. And if not...there's a strong possibility that there will be a Max here instead.

It's slightly short notice, but Sat Aug 24 should be a good date for me. Start at one pm, and go until we're done.

If interested, please reply to this thread, or use the email link in my profile. I prefer not to use PM for this, as it creates too many places to check to stay organized.

Directions will be e-mailed to those coming (I prefer not to post directions to my home on the net)

There are four of us so far, so this is a definite go!

Aug 7, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 30
Those coming feel free to post what you will be bringing. In brief my headphones:

Sony MDR-R10
Grado HP-1
Grado RS-1
Sennheiser HD-600
Audio-Technica ATH-A100Ti
Sony MDR-CD3000
Sennheiser HD-560II
Sony MDR-F1

my amps:

Berning MicroZOTL
Melos SHA-1
Moretto HAP-03
Grado RA-1
Grado HPA-1
Musical Fidelity X-Can v2

In addition, I have a Maxed Out Home on loan from Headroom, and may have a Max present for the meet

other items of possible interest

Musical Hall MMF 2.1 and MMF 7 turntables
Ariston RD11s table with Grado arm (but only if I can get it working again)
Sony DVP-S9000ES
Sony DVP-NS500V
modified ART DI/O
Cardas and Clou Sennheiser cables
Monarchy DIP
GW Labs DSP upsampler

..and more.

Others planning to come, please let us know what you're bringing (I'm pretty sure a Corda HA-1, Audiovalve RKV, EarMax Pro should be there, and perhaps a Wheatfield HA-2...)

Aug 7, 2002 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 30
Ha, I'm getting back into DC on the 25th.
wink.gif
Oh well.

How many DC-area Head-Fiers are there, Hirsch?

kerelybonto

Aug 7, 2002 at 10:43 PM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
Ha, I'm getting back into DC on the 25th.
wink.gif
Oh well.

If you should turn up early, you're welcome to join us.

Quote:

How many DC-area Head-Fiers are there, Hirsch?

kerelybonto

I'm not entirely sure. There were five of us at the last meet, but a lot depends on who decides to attend. There were a good many more Headfiers present at the Headroom World of Headphones Tour, and I'm hoping some of those decide to attend as well.

Aug 9, 2002 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 30
sorry, modest mouse concert is that day.
biggrin.gif

also, five hours is a long drive.. although i'd love to meet you hirsch and more importantly: your r10's!

Aug 9, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
sorry, modest mouse concert is that day.
biggrin.gif

also, five hours is a long drive.. although i'd love to meet you hirsch and more importantly: your r10's!

5 hours in a regular car, or 5 hours in your wrx?
very_evil_smiley.gif

You know you want to come. In addition to Hirsch, me and the spec v will be there.
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2002 at 1:27 PM Post #8 of 30
I've received a suggestion to change the date from the 24th to the 31st. Any feedback?

Aug 11, 2002 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 30
The only feedback I got on the date change was negative, so the 24th it is. 1 pm, my place, Rockville, MD. I'll email directions out about a week ahead of time to everyone who's coming.

For those unable to make it this time, I'd like to do this on a regular basis, if people want to.

Aug 11, 2002 at 4:22 AM Post #10 of 30
Sounds good, Hirsch. How many people are expected at this point?

Aug 11, 2002 at 5:20 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by dcg
Sounds good, Hirsch. How many people are expected at this point?

So far there are four of us, but there are a number of people in the area who haven't responded one way or another.

I do have too many headphones. I forgot to put the Etymotic ER-4S on the list
tongue.gif

Also, I've been working on my turntables, and will have analog as well as digital sources set up (The Ariston IS working, but with a Grace instead of the Grado arm). There will be lots to hear...

Aug 12, 2002 at 6:43 PM Post #12 of 30
Hirsch,
I'm seriously considering making this 4 hour trip for this get together. I'd be bringing my Ety 4S's as well as a Sugden Headmaster. Could you please PM me with your exact address so I can input it into Mapquest in order to see exactly how far this endeavor will be. Thanks.

Aug 13, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #13 of 30
^^^^no distance is so great that it wouldn't be worth it in order for me to hear the headmaster
smily_headphones1.gif

that's how I see it anyway, though you may see it differently from your perspective
tongue.gif

btw, mapquest gives me 3 hours, 41 minutes from nazareth pa to rockville md, and in my experience mapquest always overestimates the time it takes.

of course, maybe I just drive like an ass.

Aug 14, 2002 at 5:04 PM Post #14 of 30
Just got confirmation from Headroom.

We will have both a Maxed Out Home, and a Max with stepped attenuators at the meet. How close does MOH come to the Max? How do the Headroom amps compare to the SHA-1, ZOTL, RKV, and many others?
confused.gif
Come and find out!

I'll be sending out directions this weekend, so if you'd like to come but have not posted to this thread or notified me, please get in touch with me soon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back