DC Area Meet - December 15th, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #61 of 74
Will anyone bring a cayin N8 or LPGT ? or maybe an LP6K

Dec 13, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #62 of 74
I'll also have my beyer T5P's.

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #64 of 74
Would anyone like to hear the Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Spark?

I have a Denafrips Ares II that should be arriving today, which I'll bring if it indeed arrives. After having an original Ares and listening to the Ares II while we had it on loan for CAF, I decided to buy one. A coworker at LTA bought the demo unit we had for CAF.

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #65 of 74
If anyone has a RME ADI-2 DAC or a Benchmark DAC (1, 2, or 3). I'd be interested to hear them. Or your opinions of them.

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #67 of 74
Edited...got my dates mixed up and unfortunates can't make it this time.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #68 of 74
I am planning to attend this meet. The Hyland Jupiter One is really the only thing I could bring that wouldn't be duplicated by what's already listed on the first page.

Dec 14, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #69 of 74
If anyone has a RME ADI-2 DAC or a Benchmark DAC (1, 2, or 3). I'd be interested to hear them. Or your opinions of them.
There will be an RME ADI2

Currently testing and packing up all the Schiit gear. Look forward to seeing everyone.
Couple things to remember:
1) BRING YOUR MUSIC, or just know what to query in whatever streaming stuff is running.
2) Don't forget interconnects and power if you are bringing gear. We should have plenty of power at the venue, but more never hurts.
As for interconnects, some of these setups we're doing may need some extra cables so if you have some spare RCAs/XLRs, it would be appreciated to bring them in case. Just try to mark them.

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #71 of 74
I'll be there in the morning. I'll have a pair of ZMF Auteurs and a pair of DIY electrostatic headphones. I'll have a modi 2 uber, a vali mini, and maybe a NAD 3225 with a step-up transformer box as amps. I have a DIY soekris R2R DAC, but it only has an optical input, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to rig up as a source. If anyone has a usb to optical converter i could borrow, it would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #72 of 74
Guys, it is my sincere regret that I won't be able to attend the meetup. I was involved in an auto accident while I was driving there. It was the other guy's fault and I'm doing OK, but I need to attend to issues related to that now. I hope another meetup will be held before too long. Thanks again to the organizer.
2019-12-15 10.15.34 edit.jpg

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #73 of 74
Guys, it is my sincere regret that I won't be able to attend the meetup. I was involved in an auto accident while I was driving there. It was the other guy's fault and I'm doing OK, but I need to attend to issues related to that now. I hope another meetup will be held before too long. Thanks again to the organizer.

I hope everything's okay and that you are able to sort everything out! :-/

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #74 of 74
All, thank you for coming out! We'll be closing out this thread with the usual.

Impressions thread for pictures & thoughts. All comments are welcome!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dc-area-meet-december-15th-2019-impressions.921312/

To follow future meets, subscribe and keep an eye on this thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dc-area-head-fi-meet-planning-ongoing.833670/
we use this thread to brainstorm meets and such before they get rolling. Watch this and you'll never miss a future meet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back