DC Area Meet - December 15th, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #16 of 74
Nov 19, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #18 of 74
Got a few confirmations:
LTA will bring the Z10e, which is the EL84-based amplifier with higher power headphone outputs than the MZ2 and an electrostatic headphone output. We'll have the same estats as at CAF: Stax SR-009S + L700, MrSpeakers . . . Dan Clark Audio Voce.
LTA will also have the microZOTL Preamplifier, which is basically a super upgraded MZ2.

Both amps are single-ended output, but both offer balanced inputs. The Z10e has one balanced input utilizing a tube-based balanced>single-ended converter and the microZOTL Preamp has one balanced input with a Lundahl input transformer as a balanced>single-ended converter.

Regular headphones will be:
ZMF Auteur + Eikon
Focal Stellia + Utopia
Klipsch HP-3
Meze Empyrean

Maybe some others. Let me know if you want to hear any of these (or if you want to buy any of them): Meze Classics, Audeze LCD-3, Fostex TH-900 Mk.II, MrSpeakers Ether Flow (not Ether 2), MrSpeakers Aeon closed (not Aeon 2).

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #20 of 74
Got a few confirmations:
LTA will bring the Z10e, which is the EL84-based amplifier with higher power headphone outputs than the MZ2 and an electrostatic headphone output. We'll have the same estats as at CAF: Stax SR-009S + L700, MrSpeakers . . . Dan Clark Audio Voce.
LTA will also have the microZOTL Preamplifier, which is basically a super upgraded MZ2.

Both amps are single-ended output, but both offer balanced inputs. The Z10e has one balanced input utilizing a tube-based balanced>single-ended converter and the microZOTL Preamp has one balanced input with a Lundahl input transformer as a balanced>single-ended converter.

Regular headphones will be:
ZMF Auteur + Eikon
Focal Stellia + Utopia
Klipsch HP-3
Meze Empyrean

Maybe some others. Let me know if you want to hear any of these (or if you want to buy any of them): Meze Classics, Audeze LCD-3, Fostex TH-900 Mk.II, MrSpeakers Ether Flow (not Ether 2), MrSpeakers Aeon closed (not Aeon 2).
Awesome!

Nov 24, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #23 of 74
I think it's okay to send duplicate items so we can audition them all while using different cans-dac-amp combination without needing to tranfer cans from amp to amp . Just thinking about that.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #25 of 74
I got an M-Scaler today, so I will bring it with its chain... M-Scaler-QuTest-Liquid Gold-Focal Utopia.
Did you just get the mscaler?

Nov 24, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #26 of 74
I am hoping to attend. While I have a bunch of equipment moved into my corporate apt I could bring a solid hotspot for internet, a roon server with music, a beyer T5P 2nd gen hp, focal utopia's if folks want, an auralic stack 1st gen (taurus, vega, altair), a mobile solution with the 1st gen a&k Kann and tia fourte's (I can bring some tips if folks want to try them). Its been awhile, hope everyone is well.

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #28 of 74
I am hoping to attend. While I have a bunch of equipment moved into my corporate apt I could bring a solid hotspot for internet, a roon server with music, a beyer T5P 2nd gen hp, focal utopia's if folks want, an auralic stack 1st gen (taurus, vega, altair), a mobile solution with the 1st gen a&k Kann and tia fourte's (I can bring some tips if folks want to try them). Its been awhile, hope everyone is well.
Interested in hearing the Auralic stack!

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #29 of 74
Tim from Kitsune has generously let us hang onto the Holo Audio Spring 2 KTE for the meet. That also means that we'll have it in the shop until then, so anyone interested can also come by in the next few weeks to listen to the DAC with any gear they'd like to bring. We'll be sure to bring an extra DAC to the meet in case someone wants to borrow the Spring 2 to use with their own stuff.

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #30 of 74
does anyone of you guys have some hiend iems as well? or are iems included on the audition list? I would love to hear hi-end iems as I don't have one. Thanks guys. I can bring my own tips if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back