DC Area Meet - August 18th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2018 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Silverion77

100+ Head-Fier
Come join the Washington DC/Maryland/Virginia headphone enthusiasts for an awesome summer meet!
Enjoy the lovely summer weather by staying inside and listening to some music. Hopefully, we're not too late for that college crowd to head back to school. Ok, on with the details:

Where:
Columbia Pike Branch Library
816 South Walter Reed Drive
Arlington, Virginia 22204

When:
Satruday, August 18th
10:00AM - 5PM (ish...cleanup has to happen)

Feel free to show up when able!

Let us know if you will be attending and what you will bring! Nevertheless, always feel free to come as you are and try what there is to offer! We're always happy to meet new enthusiasts!
As always, power strips and extension cords are more than welcome (load up the car!).

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Attending: (Updating...)
Silverion77: ECP Torpedo 3, ZMF Eikon & Atticus, E-MU Teak, maybe other stuff...will see
Sheldaze: Auduze LCD2C, Chord Qutest, EC Super 7, EC BW, Sennheiser HD580
Kendavis: Schiit-shower! Loki, Jotunheim MB, Gumby, Lyr 3, Magni 3, Mimby, Eitr, maybe Yggy
PropelledWolf: Audeze EL-8 Open/Sine/iSine20, T50RP, SHP9500, Fiio e10k, Q1 mk1, JDS O2 amp
SuperDuke: Elekit 400B or BHSE (w/ some Electros I presume xD)
100VoltTube: Mimby, Magni 2u, HD480II, Audeze Mobius (if available), maybe some Electrostatic DIYs
willsw: Sennheiser HD6XX & Hd600M
harrisonjr98: MD CTH, HE400is
jafnvaegi: Senn HD600, DIY 2A3 amp, Timbre TT-1 DAC, JVC HA-FD01, Hifiman RE600, Sony NW-ZX300
h2rulz: EC BW, EC x MD ZDT Jr?, HD800 SDR, LCD3F
darmanastartes: JDS Labs Element, Aiwa Arc-1, Mee Audio Pinnacle P1, Assorted Chi-Fi (PHB EM-023, Yersen FEN-2000, UiiSii CM5...)

Also, do to request, we will be moderating a list of for sale items at the meet. The library PROHIBITS sales, so please keep this discrete at the event (we can keep a specific table, or use stickers to mark gear for sale) and then you can take care of things outside when the meet is done.
Used gear for sale at the meet (prices valid for meet attendees only):

Kendavis:
LTA MZ2-S w/ Mojo Audio Illuminati LPS - $1250 - PM for details or interested!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 47
Meet Rules
  1. Please treat fellow head-fiers and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
  2. Please don't unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
  3. Please don't turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
  4. Please don't move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
  5. Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own.
  6. Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling others' equipment.
  7. Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
  8. Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.

Jul 26, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #3 of 47
Potentially changing to a new source, and testing if my solid state amplifier can get up-and-running under meet conditions (it prefers to run 24/7). I will post my setup once these issues are resolved. Setup at the moment:
  • Audeze LCD-2 Classic
  • Chord Qutest
  • Eddie Current Black Widow
  • Eddie Current Super 7
  • Sennheiser HD580
Updated - just bringing my standard faire.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 47
As far as items to audition at the show for sell/trade...

I'd like to trade or sell My Linear Tube Audio MZ2-S... see first FAQ (https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/faq-1/) for details. The power supply is the Mojo Audio Illuminati Linear Power Supply...I'm afraid I don't know which version (S/N: 17011900). I'd like trade for a Ragnarok or get ~$1500 for both together, but I'll consider any offers as well

If you might be interested... let me know so I can bring them to the show so that you can listen while you're there...

I have a few more items as well and I'll post them as I look up the details

BTW, I may not have original boxes for all items

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #7 of 47
As far as items to audition at the show for sell/trade...

I'd like to trade or sell My Linear Tube Audio MZ2-S... see first FAQ (https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/faq-1/) for details. The power supply is the Mojo Audio Illuminati Linear Power Supply...I'm afraid I don't know which version (S/N: 17011900). I'd like trade for a Ragnarok or get ~$1500 for both together, but I'll consider any offers as well

If you might be interested... let me know so I can bring them to the show so that you can listen while you're there...

I have a few more items as well and I'll post them as I look up the details

BTW, I may not have original boxes for all items
Okay... you drive a hard bargain... $1250 for both... but I'll only bring them if I hear from an interested (not committed) party... here or by PM

Aug 2, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #9 of 47
I'll try to be there, haven't been to one since CAF in November

I'll bring:

Headphones
-EL-8 Open
-Sine closed (3.5 and cipher)
-iSine20 (only 3.5)
-T50RP with ZMF cowhide pads
-SHP9500, apparently they've stopped producing them???

DAC/Amps
-e10k
-q1 mk1
-JDS O2 Amp

Running Spotify 320kbps and my FLAC library

Aug 2, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #11 of 47
I'll try to make it.

If I do, I'll have
Modi MB -> Magni 2 u
HD480II
Audeze mobius (if they show up before then)

If anyone wants to hear a pair of 1more triple driver IEMs, I can bring those.

I'm hopeful (but not too optimistic) that my DIY electrostatic headphones will be done by then. If they are, I'll have those.

Aug 2, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #12 of 47
It's likely I won't be able to make it until around 1:30pm, but I'll be there. I'll see what I can bring. I bought the new $60 Fiio Bluetooth receiver if anyone wants to try that out. I'll certainly bring the amp I've been playing with and HD6XX + HD600M. Some cables.

I'll see if anyone from LTA wants to participate.

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #14 of 47
I actually pulled out the 400is to listen to them today for the first time in a while, and it turns out they have developed what appears to be a soldering issue I have never noticed causing the left channel to cut out regularly. So I'll probably scratch them from what I'm bringing, and stick to the MCTH and toss the Fulla 2 in my bag as well because why not. :)

Silverion, my wallet trembles in fear at the news that you're bringing some ZMF stuff. Been wanting to try out some of zach's stuff for a while. I get more and more tempted by that TOTL fit and finish with each passing day. :L3000:

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #15 of 47
I actually pulled out the 400is to listen to them today for the first time in a while, and it turns out they have developed what appears to be a soldering issue I have never noticed causing the left channel to cut out regularly. So I'll probably scratch them from what I'm bringing, and stick to the MCTH and toss the Fulla 2 in my bag as well because why not. :)

Silverion, my wallet trembles in fear at the news that you're bringing some ZMF stuff. Been wanting to try out some of zach's stuff for a while. I get more and more tempted by that TOTL fit and finish with each passing day. :L3000:

I can take a look at those 400is if needed. Obviously can't repair there, but I'm local to the meet area so we can check them out.

As for the ZMFs, will have both of them on hand. Atticus is a very nice Camphor sample (imo) and the Eikon is Barnyard cherry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back