DC Area Meet - August 18th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #31 of 47
Anyone I can hitch a ride with? I don't own a car and can metro to Ballston or Virginia Square station.
Looks like 10B bus leaves every 30 minutes (9:30, 10:00, 10:30) and goes straight to the library from the Ballston-MU metro station. It is a 10 minute ride.

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #33 of 47
I haven't posted in a bit, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow!
I'll be there right around opening to make sure things are partially set up.

Last note cause I always feel compelled to say this, POWER CORDS, POWER CORDS, POWER CORDS! We should have a decent set up with their outlets and extenders that are attached to the tables, but its always good to have some break outs on hand. We'll break out everything as people arrive!

Anyone that is making it here from the front page, welcome and we look forward to seeing any new comers able to make it!

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #34 of 47
Unfortunately my schedule has changed around in a way that requires me to travel somewhere over night and I will be there the early part of Saturday. If I can make it, I will only be bringing my portable gear (no time to stop at home to get the desktop rig). That said, I would also have an Acoustune HS1551CU and Hiby R3 (in place of the desktop stuff). Here's hoping I can get out there before too late to get a few hours in!

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #36 of 47
Hey all! Looking forward to tomorrow. It looks like I'll be able to make it. I definitely want to make sure to be able to hear a lot of setups, but I don't want to be pesky or take more than I give. Do people generally bring their own source like a laptop or DAP and plug into different chains?

Aug 18, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #38 of 47
Hey all! Looking forward to tomorrow. It looks like I'll be able to make it. I definitely want to make sure to be able to hear a lot of setups, but I don't want to be pesky or take more than I give. Do people generally bring their own source like a laptop or DAP and plug into different chains?
We usualy set up some source we have for our rig but even then we recommend bringing your own. That way you have exactly the music you want to listen to and try. People are usually fine to let you plug in your source. Just be sure to ask :wink:

Edit: Also there’s no such thing as pesky.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #39 of 47
Couple last-minute notes:

Room is on the second floor of the library. You can take the stairs on the left as you come in the main doors. There’s also an elevator straight back just ask the people at the desk.

Also plenty of parking nearby as well as a drop off right by the door if necessary.

Aug 18, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #41 of 47
Unfortunately I don't think I can make. The wife made alternate plans for us. Would have been curious to hear @sheldaze comments of Chord Qutest vs. Yiggy2 (especially using SE only).

Aug 18, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #43 of 47
On my way! You guys still there, right?

Finally got my package from USPS (after so much hassle) so will be bringing EE Bravado and ESR too.

Aug 18, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #45 of 47
Thanks everyone who was able to make it out today! I had a blast and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves!
For those that weren't able to make it (CURSE YOU RESPONSIBILITIES!!! *shakes fist*), we hope you'll be able to join us next time.
We have CAF coming up and we may have another get together some time in the Fall. Be on the look out.

Impressions thread is up here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dc-area-meet-august-18th-2018-impressions.886871/

To keep an eye out for potential future meets follow this thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dc-area-head-fi-meet-next.833670/

For those that are interested, we have a DC Area Discord server. We don't do much here at the moment, but we'd love to have people around to talk gear, show off some new things and maybe plan some mini get togethers (to show off your new things even more!)
https://discord.io/dcheadfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back