DC Area Meet - April 7th, 2018 hosted by Gramophone
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #16 of 135
Working to get this on my schedule. :)

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #17 of 135
I'm looking forward to this! It will be my first DC-area HeadFi meet.

I will bring:
  • RME ADI-2 Pro
  • Euphony Audio PTS music server (if there is WiFi available at Gramophone)
  • Beyerdynamic Amiron Home
Thanks!

Interested to hear any of the 2nd generation HiFiMan headphones you might have. I heard their 1st generation as quite euphonic - curious how the running updates changed these!
Hope they bring the sound more in the direction of Susvara or Utopia.

Feb 18, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #19 of 135
I'll be there... I don't know what I'll bring yet, but I just got a balanced cable for my Utopias.BTW, CanJam NYC was a blast.

Which balanced cable did you get for Utopia?

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #20 of 135
Which balanced cable did you get for Utopia?
Kimber... haven't even heard it yet because I didn't bring my Utopias to CanJam. I did have the opportunity to compare balanced versus single-ended on a Jotunheim and the difference was startling... not just in volume/power but in soundstage. That's what sent me out looking for a balanced cable.

Feb 24, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #21 of 135
I'll bring what I can! This is the weekend before Axpona, so we should have some things finished. We'll see how many circuit board revisions are required. I just have a list of hopes, so I'll refrain from writing anything out until they become reality.

I can't make it to the hifi club meeting today, but I am interested in hearing the Janszen electrostatic hybrids again. I'll probably ask if he can ship a set over for the meet.

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #26 of 135
Ken, happening today in Rockville, from 12-5. I believe its a new membership meeting. Will send the address in PM.

Dang, wish I'd known about this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back