DC Area Meet - April 7th, 2018 hosted by Gramophone
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #62 of 135
I'm seeing an April Madness DAC Bracket emerging. We'll give a lot of time to the Yv1 and Yv2, since they are being kind enough to load us the Yv2, but I think we can swap some other DACs into the mix throughout the day
There will be plenty of room and time for all of these DACs. We have plenty of amps that will need something feeding them :)

Mar 5, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #63 of 135
Mar 5, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #65 of 135
I figured as much. :) So if I can convince the wife and escape for awhile, should I bring a table? chairs? power cords?
I'm doing some final checks with Gramophone on the meet space. I'll put a 'hold' on the table and chairs until I check on the final space. If needed, bringing those would be absolutely appreciated!!

Power cords are ALWAYS helpful to have on hand.

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #66 of 135
I plan to be there. Will bring HE90 and ES1. I'm not exactly a morning person (OK, I'd be perfectly happy if mornings were abolished) but will try to get there sometime before noon (shudder).
I've got a couple of folding tables and some folding chairs, but would need someone to help with transport if needed. I can help out with power cords also.

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #67 of 135
I plan to be there. Will bring HE90 and ES1. I'm not exactly a morning person (OK, I'd be perfectly happy if mornings were abolished) but will try to get there sometime before noon (shudder).
I've got a couple of folding tables and some folding chairs, but would need someone to help with transport if needed. I can help out with power cords also.

Happy to have you back with us! Definitely looking forward to that HE90!!

I can certainly help with tables and chairs if needed (figure out timing later, etc). I'll have a better idea on what we may need closer to the date after finalizing the setup with Gramophone. Thanks for helping out!

Mar 9, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #70 of 135
Not sure if I can make this, but will try in the afternoon. I could bring my Hugo 2, V30, Utopia, and recently ordered Sundara. I'm guessing we're not trying to share each other's IEMs, so I'll leave those at home. Thanks for the invite @dcguy73 .

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #71 of 135
Not fooling myself into thinking someone might be fawning to hear the MCTH - however for those who prefer a baseline listening experience, would it be a problem if I were to switch from the stock Electro-Harmonix 6922 to a Genalex Gold Lion E88CC / 6922, which I think is the stock tube in the Crimson. My personal preference leans towards clarity over warmth, and after a few hours listen I think I prefer it over the stock.

Both setups are very listenable - I'd just like to let one tube settle in long term prior to the meet.

Mar 10, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #72 of 135
Not fooling myself into thinking someone might be fawning to hear the MCTH - however for those who prefer a baseline listening experience, would it be a problem if I were to switch from the stock Electro-Harmonix 6922 to a Genalex Gold Lion E88CC / 6922, which I think is the stock tube in the Crimson. My personal preference leans towards clarity over warmth, and after a few hours listen I think I prefer it over the stock.

Both setups are very listenable - I'd just like to let one tube settle in long term prior to the meet.

No objection here.

Mar 10, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #73 of 135
This sounds like fun may end up coming by. Funny cause I literally just followed Gramophone on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back