DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, December 4, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #31 of 184
  Some unfortunate news: the ZMF headphones were delayed in shipment and won't arrive until Monday. I'll see how long I can hold onto them for anyone who wants to come by the shop another day, and eventually we'll have a set of the Eikon and the Atticus permanently.

Sad news, sounds like i'll be visiting Urban Hifi again sometime next week.

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #33 of 184
  @willsw How's the parking situation around the store?

There is some metered parking out front, which is very possibly free on Sundays, and it becomes all residential at the end of the block so you should be able to find close street parking pretty easily. No one thus far has had any trouble parking during the week.

If anyone has more than they want to carry a few blocks, you can slide through the little alley next to the shop for unloading and loading, but there's no room to park back there. 

We took the paper off the windows last night, so here's the storefront you'll be looking for:

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #35 of 184
Also, if you bring an amp with balanced inputs and want to use the balanced outputs from any of the DACs - the Holo Spring or the Aqua La Voce - you should bring balanced interconnects. We may have a pair, and we'll make some more next week, but all of our stuff is single-ended and we just haven't had a reason to have balanced cables around. 

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #36 of 184
  Also, if you bring an amp with balanced inputs and want to use the balanced outputs from any of the DACs - the Holo Spring or the Aqua La Voce - you should bring balanced interconnects. We may have a pair, and we'll make some more next week, but all of our stuff is single-ended and we just haven't had a reason to have balanced cables around. 

Excitement - and dread, mixed into the same moment! What are the digital inputs on that Aqua La Voce?

We 'umericans tend to use Optical and Coax, but them 'uropans tend to use AES and BNC 
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #38 of 184
I've got four of the original large Advents and was wondering the same thing.  They look like Advents or something from that era.  

I'm not saying I love the Advents, but my screen name (kloss69) is an homage to the speaker designer and the year I purchased the first pair. 

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #40 of 184
Nice window display.  Do I see an original Advent speaker?  KLH?

I believe your Advent is actually a nice sounding Jensen, and the KLH may need some work. We have a pretty good vintage collection to start with, especially if you count everything that needs a bit of work.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #41 of 184
I believe your Advent is actually a nice sounding Jensen, and the KLH may need some work. We have a pretty good vintage collection to start with, especially if you count everything that needs a bit of work.

Cool.  Looks like I'll have to miss tomorrow's meet, due to family matters.  Hope y'all have a good 'un.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #42 of 184
It's a longshot, but I was wondering...

I am planning on selling my Bimby, my Lyr 2, and my HD800s in order to raise money for a Focal Utopia. Is anyone who is attending (or anyone local) interested in any of these? I haven't priced or listed them on Head-Fi yet but if anyone has any interest I can promise a very fair price (for the convenience of not listing, packing, shipping, etc. If you're interested, let me know and I can bring them tomorrow. The HD800s will include the Sennheiser balanced cable that I bought separately.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #43 of 184
  I've got four of the original large Advents and was wondering the same thing.  They look like Advents or something from that era.  

I'm not saying I love the Advents, but my screen name (kloss69) is an homage to the speaker designer and the year I purchased the first pair. 

Long ago, my contribution to a pretty epic party was hooking up my original large Advents, with a friend's pair ("Double Advents") to a third friend's amp (I think it was Phase Linear).  A rocking time.  The drink that night has different names, but we called it the "Hop, Skip, and Go Naked".  Everybody upon arrival poured their liquor bottle (of any type) into our big trash can, and we added some kool-aid to it from time to time.

We did roast the amp, and I had to pay my friend for the repair.

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #44 of 184
Gear packed, see everyone there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back