DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, December 4, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #16 of 184
The MHDT Stockholm V2 arrived today, a very nice surprise. Also it looks like the Audeze selection will be some standards: LCD-XC, LCD-3, EL-8 open, and the newer Sine. There is also an Audeze Deckard and possibly some Chord stuff coming.

I also have some RCA>banana plug/speaker wire adapters, which translates to the fun party trick of playing speakers out of headphone jacks. Altec Valencias powered by a Headstage Arrow, anyone?

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #19 of 184
Yeah. Folks often keep their original packaging and that transports things well too. The main thing, logically, is to drive to the meet really fast, so there's less time to get into an accident.

Funny. However you have to consider the increased trade off of riskier driving and hence greater probability for crashing with all your gear in the trunk not wearing a seatbelt. Maybe I will put a seatbelt on my DAC and amp at least.

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #21 of 184
doukhobar As others have said, original packaging to protect the gear and a rolling suitcase to carry it works really well. And definitely pull your tubes and separately pack them.

If you start attending meets regularly, a pelican-type case that fits your equipment works fantastic. And a hand cart to load things on.

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #22 of 184
@TimeLord, and everyone else: Headamp, at the request of Kitsune Audio, will lend Urban HiFi its Holo Audio Spring DAC in time for the meet, and let us keep it for about two weeks for anyone who wants to come in other times to demo it. I  very much appreciate Tim's effort to get this to happen.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #23 of 184
@TimeLord
, and everyone else: Headamp, at the request of Kitsune Audio, will lend Urban HiFi its Holo Audio Spring DAC in time for the meet, and let us keep it for about two weeks for anyone who wants to come in other times to demo it. I  very much appreciate Tim's effort to get this to happen.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Thank you willsw and bimmer100 for making this happen. I'm excited to hear it.

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #27 of 184
  Question: Will there be access to a power strip, or should I bring a power bar? I have line conditioners for each of my components, which I generally plug into a power bar. The length of my shortest cord is about 6 feet. 

We'll probably have a few power strips available and extension cords, but I can't guarantee any, as we're very busy on the manufacturing side and lots of burn in = power strip need. We're still deciding on line conditioning for the shop.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #28 of 184
OK, thanks. My goal will be to bring 3 line conditioners, one for the amp, DAC and file player; as well as my power bar. Question: meet is scheduled for 12pm. Is that what time we should arrive to set up? My file player can be controlled via WiFi, though I haven't messed with those settings since setting it up at home, and may take me a bit to get up and running. Is there a protocol for bringing music? My file player (BDP-1) has front facing USB ports folks can pop USB drives into. 

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #29 of 184
  OK, thanks. My goal will be to bring 3 line conditioners, one for the amp, DAC and file player; as well as my power bar. Question: meet is scheduled for 12pm. Is that what time we should arrive to set up? My file player can be controlled via WiFi, though I haven't messed with those settings since setting it up at home, and may take me a bit to get up and running. Is there a protocol for bringing music? My file player (BDP-1) has front facing USB ports folks can pop USB drives into. 

Everyone generally brings their own music if they're bringing things to play music on. I'll likely be there earlier that morning, though how early depends on what gets done tomorrow. 

Also BIG ALERT. 
Sunday is PAJAMARAMA in Takoma Park, and if you're walking around in your pajamas until about 11am, you get discounts and stuff around town. You're welcome to wear your pajamas to the meet just because. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #30 of 184
Some unfortunate news: the ZMF headphones were delayed in shipment and won't arrive until Monday. I'll see how long I can hold onto them for anyone who wants to come by the shop another day, and eventually we'll have a set of the Eikon and the Atticus permanently. 

The Holo Spring DAC arrived, along with a Singxer SU-1. Ready to be hooked up to whatever you want to hook it to! 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back