DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Nov 1, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #271 of 412
Is this the address 1750 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 ?.
Yup! It's at the Twinbrook Hilton, as per usual, right across from the Metro station (if you prefer to take public transit).

Nov 2, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #273 of 412
I’m in. Looking forward to hearing LTA and Spatial Audio Labs again. @jtnt do you happen know if Clayton will have the X5s on hand?

Spatial will be debuting their new X4 (passive version of the X5, slightly smaller woofers) as well as the new M4 Sapphire.

If you can get the new SRX9000 there that would be a major win imo, probably the can I personally most interested in.

The STAX SR-X9000 arrived yesterday, so we'll definitely have these at the LTA Headphone Lounge.

Here's a quick rundown of everything we'll have at the LTA Headphone Lounge:

Headphones:

Audeze LCD-X, LCD-XC, LCD-4, LCD-5, CRBN
STAX SR-009s, SR-X9000
Dan Clark Audio Voce, Ether 2, Aeon 2, Stealth (maybe)
Meze 99 Classics, Empyrean, Elite (en route, cross your fingers)
Focal Celestee & ClearMg
Hifiman Jade II
iBasso SR2

DACs:

MHDT Orchid
Border Patrol SEi
Lampizator Baltic 3
Denafips Pontus II
Merason Frerot

LTA Amps:

MZ2
MZ3
Z10e electrostatic + dynamic headphone amp
Z10 Integrated

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #274 of 412
LTA, Nice!

Nov 3, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #275 of 412
Spatial will be debuting their new X4 (passive version of the X5, slightly smaller woofers) as well as the new M4 Sapphire.

The STAX SR-X9000 arrived yesterday, so we'll definitely have these at the LTA Headphone Lounge.

Here's a quick rundown of everything we'll have at the LTA Headphone Lounge:

Headphones:

Audeze LCD-X, LCD-XC, LCD-4, LCD-5, CRBN
STAX SR-009s, SR-X9000
Dan Clark Audio Voce, Ether 2, Aeon 2, Stealth (maybe)
Meze 99 Classics, Empyrean, Elite (en route, cross your fingers)
Focal Celestee & ClearMg
Hifiman Jade II
iBasso SR2

DACs:

MHDT Orchid
Border Patrol SEi
Lampizator Baltic 3
Denafips Pontus II
Merason Frerot

LTA Amps:

MZ2
MZ3
Z10e electrostatic + dynamic headphone amp
Z10 Integrated
Excited about both Spatial Audio M4 and seeing and hearing LTA's excellent amps. Thanks for the update!

Jan 2, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #276 of 412
Local Head-Fi friends: Hoping to find out if any of you own the ZMF Verite Open? Trying to determine if I’d prefer it to the holy grail that is the Utopia, which I auditioned at a local shop.

Jan 23, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #278 of 412
Do any of you DC metro area guys own or know where I could hear the Benchmark HPA4 Headphone amp?

Mar 7, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #282 of 412
Now that DC is dialing back masking and proof-of-vaccination requirements, any of you interested in a meet up? I've never been to one, so probably not a good idea for me to drive, but more than willing to help!

Mar 7, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #284 of 412
I think that there are a lot of folks who would be interested. As always, the big challenge is finding someplace to hold it (without spending/charging too much money). Any ideas?
Some librarys have conference rooms that hold 20+ people. Seems DC has a 3-hour limit -- Would something like that be workable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back