DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
May 17, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #242 of 412
I'm interested in virtual or real meetup.

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #243 of 412
What do you all think about aiming for September 2021 for an in-person meet? That's the earliest I'd feel comfortable doing it. I really enjoyed the meet at Gramophone in Gaithersburg. Maybe we could work with them to have another meet there?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #244 of 412
Did people bring their own gear to Gramophone?

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #245 of 412
Yes. I wasn’t the organizer of the event, so I’m not sure if Gramophone provided any equipment themselves or just the space in their office area that we used.

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #246 of 412
I gave Gramophone (Gaithersburg) a call and inquired about a meet there in September/October. Will report back here when I hear something.

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #247 of 412
Did people bring their own gear to Gramophone?

Yes. I wasn’t the organizer of the event, so I’m not sure if Gramophone provided any equipment themselves or just the space in their office area that we used.
Gramophone did provide some equipment, on one of the first tables nearer the entry to the room (spare space). Though most of the equipment was from local enthusiasts bringing their own gear. I heard they made a few sales, so were quite happy with the turnout/results. However, I also heard later that the space might have been repurposed shortly after that meet.

Wish you luck @dcguy73, and would like to get back to events!

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #249 of 412
I would def be interested in joining a meetup once it is decided to have one.

Jul 8, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #251 of 412
Is Urban Hi-Fi a potential location? I met a bunch of you there a while back and it's a great place.

Hey, this is Nicholas from LTA / Urban Hifi. Our workshop is an option, but it is a bit small. The last two local meetups I attended, which were fantastic, would have exceeded our space by two or three times.

So, push comes to shove, LTA can host, but a larger space would be better if available.

Count us in for attending and bringing gear and headphones whenever the next meetup happens - wherever it happens...

Aug 3, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #252 of 412
I gotta be honest, my enthusiasm over planning a meet has waned in these days of the Delta variant’s ascendancy. Maybe it’s just the fact that my spouse has the flu this week and I’m voluntarily self-isolating so I don’t pass it on to anyone else. I have heard nada back from Gramophone and have not followed up in some time. Perhaps there will be a grand turnaround in the COVID battleground by October, but I’m not so sure anymore.

Aug 22, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #255 of 412
I am interested as well but concerned of the continued spread of the Delta variant. I am fully vaxed but am still remaining cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back