DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Jun 12, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #226 of 412
No joke, I moved to Wuhan last August, 2019! We are still on partial lock down here, maybe about 70 percent of businesses are open but schools are still only doing online classes. The government had almost 100% of the population in Wuhan tested, close to 11 million people, and only found a few hundred previously un-diagnosed asymptomatic cases... but info like that is not to be considered entirely reliable considering where it is coming from. The Head-Fi audio meets do tend to bring people close to each other but wearing a mask will not interfere with auditioning. Sad to say, no regular flights in or out of China yet, sorry to miss this next get together!

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #227 of 412
No joke, I moved to Wuhan last August, 2019! We are still on partial lock down here, maybe about 70 percent of businesses are open but schools are still only doing online classes. The government had almost 100% of the population in Wuhan tested, close to 11 million people, and only found a few hundred previously un-diagnosed asymptomatic cases... but info like that is not to be considered entirely reliable considering where it is coming from. The Head-Fi audio meets do tend to bring people close to each other but wearing a mask will not interfere with auditioning. Sad to say, no regular flights in or out of China yet, sorry to miss this next get together!
Wow stay safe! I can't imagine being in china right now but funny enough you may be in one of the safer places, just with no rights or transportation. Stay safe.

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #229 of 412
Hey all! I recently got back into the hobby with some upgrades and wanted to say hello to those that might remember me from some of the meetups! I hope all is well with everyone!

Feb 25, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #230 of 412
It's been a while, but is anyone interested in a MD-DC-VA virtual meet where we don't have to schlep any hardware and we can just hang out and chat (which we do mostly anyway at our real meets). If you're interested, reply to this thread. If possible, include whether you would prefer an evening or a weekend. If I see enough replies, I'll post a zoom link.

Feb 26, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #232 of 412
This is a great idea! If we want, since we already have a discord, we could just make a handful of voice channels in there! That way if people got talking about something one-on-one they could just hop around to different “rooms” so to speak

Feb 26, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #234 of 412
Can I get an invite to this discord please? My discord name is: Byrnie#8023

Feb 27, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #235 of 412
I'm in. Either would work for me.

Feb 27, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #236 of 412
I’d be interested.

I stepped away from the hobby, but decided just recently to get back in. I’ve met a few of you guys at Urban HiFi a while ago, and it would be good to reconnect. Weekends and Zoom work best for me.

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #237 of 412
It would be nice to see you all. I am in. I have Zoom but can install Discord. I don't presently have a Discord account.

Apr 22, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #238 of 412
I'd be down! Haven't had the chance to go to a meet up yet (in-person or virtual), but that sounds cool. Plus I'm in the process of upgrading the desktop set up and my wife would definitely appreciate me not talking to her about it.

May 9, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #239 of 412
I'd be down! Haven't had the chance to go to a meet up yet (in-person or virtual), but that sounds cool. Plus I'm in the process of upgrading the desktop set up and my wife would definitely appreciate me not talking to her about it.
Hehehe. I totally get the "my wife would definitely appreciate me not talking to her about it" part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back