DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Mar 12, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #212 of 412
anyone going tomorrow?

It looks fun and there's gear I want to hear but I'll have to see how taxing the day proves. Brian Lowe of Belleson Regulators brought some headphone pad covers (like mini hairnets) for swag at CAF and I'm regretting not bringing some home now.

I don't know if you just want a good deal on them or if you want to listen, but if it's the latter there's always a set of Empyreans in Takoma Park for anyone to walk in and listen to.

Mar 12, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #214 of 412
Coronavirus and DC is just a bad mix. So many could be infected. They are barely doing any testing. And you guys want to out someone's cans and iems in your ears?
Can't wait for impresions

I imagine some of these setups will make us short of breath. I guess it's appropriate that Chinese slang for good audio gear is "fever".

Pardon my poor sense of humor.

Mar 12, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #215 of 412
It looks fun and there's gear I want to hear but I'll have to see how taxing the day proves. Brian Lowe of Belleson Regulators brought some headphone pad covers (like mini hairnets) for swag at CAF and I'm regretting not bringing some home now.

I don't know if you just want a good deal on them or if you want to listen, but if it's the latter there's always a set of Empyreans in Takoma Park for anyone to walk in and listen to.

wait who is selling empyrean? and how much? I'll bring my he1000se if anyone intereested

Mar 18, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #218 of 412
Like many of you, I am at home, teleworking, practicing social distancing. I do think this is best. Don't believe me? Then believe Bill Gates.

Anyway, I wish you all good health, many hours of happy listening while at home, and hope you all come through this OK. Many millions will not. Also, after watching my portfolios take a nose dive, I am not sure when I will have cash for HiFi again. We shall see.

Peace!

May 1, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #223 of 412
My office is about 45 min north in MD where items can be dropped off if desired, although right now I don't think MD is allowing people to leave the house for non-essential business... and as exciting as audio cables are, they probably fit into that category :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back