DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Mar 20, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #137 of 412
I'm interested.

Mar 22, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #142 of 412
The Kentlands Clubhouse is one of the best venues we have used, but does cost $50/hr plus an $85 cleaning fee. Schitt generously picked up the total fees of $285 for four hours last time.

The smaller venue Kentlands Carriage House is the only free facility that is available for use around here that I know of. It is air conditioned, has decent WiFi, a private restroom, small kitchen, easy free parking, close to I-270, can host 25+ people, more if not everyone shows up at the same time as was the case for the last event we held there.

The feedback on using the Carriage House last time was that is a bit tight for the number of attendees we had and can expect. The close quarters means that background noise/conversation tends to be more intrusive when doing critical listening.

Mar 23, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #145 of 412
I'd be ok with picking up a healthy portion of the clubhouse cost and would make the financial commitment whether I can make it or not for planning purposes if there were others that felt the same way.

Mar 23, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #147 of 412
I want to attend so please don't misinterpret as disinterested but we all know best laid plans. :)

Mar 23, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #148 of 412
I'm always interested to go. Only I have to stay on the sidelines, due to non-work activities taking up most of my non-Summer weekends. As they say, plan it and people will show... And I'll let you know what amplifiers I have to bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back