DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Jul 25, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #121 of 412
I can get some Schiit products but I do not want to get a full Schiit Kit (7 or 8 large and heavy boxes). If there are a few of things folks want to hear, post them here, but I only plan to ask for a few.

I'm thinking:

magni3
modi2 multibit
loki
eitr
jotunheim multibit

If there are other items you'd like to see (hear), mention them here in the next day and I'll see what I can work out.

Please understand that there is a lot going on in my life at the moment and that's why I don't want to do a lot of hardware.

At this point we are looking at a full Schiit Kit for CAF in November

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #122 of 412
Thanks for your assistance Ken. Really appreciate it.
I would love to have a Gungnir Multibit (especially a new one... I've heard people comment about some potential changes under the hood).

Awesome news about CAF!

Also, if you'd like, I would be happy to work with you and Schiit more directly if that would be easier for you! I'm sure there's some details I'm missing with your relationship, but happy to assist.

Jul 26, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #123 of 412
I can get some Schiit products but I do not want to get a full Schiit Kit (7 or 8 large and heavy boxes). If there are a few of things folks want to hear, post them here, but I only plan to ask for a few.
I second the Gungnir request, and suggest the Lyr 3 is also an excellent amplifier people may not have heard. I brought one to the event in Gaithersburg.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #129 of 412
To sell or not, depends on the venue. Some libraries forbid sales, however money and items have been exchanged on the way to the car after events - in such cases.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #131 of 412
Other meets offer avenues to move gear so I see no reason why not as long as it is clear that it is not the intention of the meet.

@sheldaze is correct. Libraries prohibit this so we can't explicitly advertise it at the venue.
That said, I have no problems being discrete about it.
e.g.
- Items are highlighted on the main post with owner and prices.
- We can isolate them on a table so people are aware (or use a sticker tag system on the setups)
- sales are handled discretely after the fact outdoors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back