DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY. APRIL 12, 2015 Noon-5 pm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #228 of 242
I would 100% chip in cash for a closer meet to Baltimore. I'd even do one soon. 

It may be a little too long, but I'd like to be able to bring the cavalli liquid carbon to the next meet I go to and audition cans...

Cause then I'll end up spending even more money...

Of course by the time I actually get it I will have mostly forgotten the sting of paying for it.

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #229 of 242
It may be a little too long, but I'd like to be able to bring the cavalli liquid carbon to the next meet I go to and audition cans...

Cause then I'll end up spending even more money...

Of course by the time I actually get it I will have mostly forgotten the sting of paying for it.

CAF is at the end of August--which is probably around the delivery date for the Liquid Carbon. The Saturday meet at CAF would make the most sense if you want to audition cans with the LC.

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #230 of 242

CAF is at the end of August--which is probably around the delivery date for the Liquid Carbon. The Saturday meet at CAF would make the most sense if you want to audition cans with the LC.

I didn't know there was a meet up at CAF again this year.  Where can I find the details, I can't seem to find them on the CAF website.

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #231 of 242

I didn't know there was a meet up at CAF again this year.  Where can I find the details, I can't seem to find them on the CAF website.

There aren't any details about CAF yet--probably too early. I'm just assuming there's going to be a meet again. It's in Rockville--so lovely for me.
beyersmile.png

Apr 16, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #234 of 242
I put in a payment for Donald to start building me a DNA Stratus, so I'll have that early-mid september. And with the Yggy that I'll be ordering on day one, I'll be able to bring quite the setup to the next meet XD

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #235 of 242
I assume it's going to be light on Headphone company participation since they'll likely be in London at CanJam that weekend. 

Bad news--hope this doesn't gut Canmania, but I'm worried.

I put in a payment for Donald to start building me a DNA Stratus, so I'll have that early-mid september. And with the Yggy that I'll be ordering on day one, I'll be able to bring quite the setup to the next meet XD

Amazing--there's no stopping you. We'll plan on having a Fall meet.

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #236 of 242

I assume it's going to be light on Headphone company participation since they'll likely be in London at CanJam that weekend. 

Damn, I really wanted to check out the HE-1000.  Fingers crossed, hoping they are there.

I would 100% chip in cash for a closer meet to Baltimore. I'd even do one soon. 

Same.  Definitely willing to chip in on a venue to do another meet soon.

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #237 of 242
A venue on the Maryland side would be much appreciated.
I would certainly help chip in too!

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #238 of 242

Damn, I really wanted to check out the HE-1000.  Fingers crossed, hoping they are there.

Same.  Definitely willing to chip in on a venue to do another meet soon.

I'm very skeptical of the HE-1k, since I don't know how long the membrane will last. I also remember that the Jade headphones that Fang Bian made before he started HifiMan were really inconsistent, and they had a a super thin membrane as well. I'm going to wait a few months after they ge released before even thinking about them.

Another meet would also be great, I'll see about bringing some amps with me this time
darthsmile.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #239 of 242
 I'm very skeptical of the HE-1k, since I don't know how long the membrane will last. I also remember that the Jade headphones that Fang Bian made before he started HifiMan were really inconsistent, and they had a a super thin membrane as well. I'm going to wait a few months after they ge released before even thinking about them.

The jades were actually electrostats and were inconsistent because they got the chemical treatment of the diaphragm with semiconductive material wrong, not because of the thinness of the diaphragm. Fang spoke about it in his video interview with Tyll at this years CanJam, definitely a series of videos worth watching.

I am certainly not in the market for an he-1k immediately, but I do want to demo them regardless.

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #240 of 242
The jades were actually electrostats and were inconsistent because they got the chemical treatment of the diaphragm with semiconductive material wrong, not because of the thinness of the diaphragm. Fang spoke about it in his video interview with Tyll at this years CanJam, definitely a series of videos worth watching.

I am certainly not in the market for an he-1k immediately, but I do want to demo them regardless.

Okay, that's interesting to hear. I'll have to watch that video at some point. Are you sure you don't want to drop $3k to Moon Audio for a preorder, I hear that they're goign to be flying off the shelves /s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back