DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY. APRIL 12, 2015 Noon-5 pm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #136 of 242
  I may stop by for a bit.

Would probably bring the Benchhmark DAC2 / DACmini and maybe the Stax setup , SRM727-|| with the feedback mod and Lamba pro / 007 MK1).  Little different than the one I brought last year.  Had the KGSS and MK2.5 then. 

Could also bring the GSX-MK2 if Headamp people won't be there.  Anyone know if Headamp /  Justin  is coming?  Been interested in hearing that Ayre QB9.  Or a Hugo if anyone has one.  Lots of good reviews for the Hugo floating around.

Sidenote:  I'm going to be putting a few things up for sale soon so anyone interested in an old RS1 (buttons), Woo Wee, Shure 535, Sony EX1000 I can have those with me just in case someone wants them.

very much interested in trying this with HE-6

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #137 of 242
I will be there. I will bring my new Sony ZX2 DAP (~three weeks old and have completed the 200 hour burn in), my Shure SE-535, my Ibasso DX-90 DAP (which is up for sale in a new factory sealed box, along with my Dignis Leather Case and an extra Samsung battery), and my workaround solution for using the DX-90 with an OTG cable to bring my entire music library with me, on the go.

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #138 of 242
I'll have my HD700s up for sale, as they aren't getting much use now that I've switched over to a more mobile setup at work. I may or may not be in the mood to part with my ER-4Ps and Asgard2 as well.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #140 of 242
  Is the meet up open to public and/or welcome newbies? I'm new, and I don't have any equipment yet but would love to meet passionate head-fiers.

You are most welcome. No need to get any equipment, if you do not have.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #141 of 242
Is the meet up open to public and/or welcome newbies? I'm new, and I don't have any equipment yet but would love to meet passionate head-fiers.
We love to see new people, and dont worry about bringing gear, there will be plenty of stuff to listen to.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #143 of 242
 We love to see new people, and don't worry about bringing gear, there will be plenty of stuff to listen to.

I posted earlier what I was planning to bring (i.e. Schiit Valhalla, Schiit Bifrost with USB and Uber, Toshiba SD9200, etc.). But other than my Schiit being the off-color variety, seems the Schiit stacks are already covered for the meet. And I may be running into transportation issues by coming from the Mall (i.e. prefer not to walk around with a 24 pound CD player).  So if you don't mind, I'll just bring a couple headphones and portables. I would still like to listen to my HD650 while there. So I'll be bringing it with 1/8", 1/4", and both variety of balanced cables. I'll bring either Audio-Technica ATH-M50x or NAD VISO HP50 phones along with my portable AMP/DAC collection of AudioQuest DragonFly, Meridian Explorer (both generations), Pono (oh no!), and Schiit Fulla.

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #144 of 242
I posted earlier what I was planning to bring (i.e. Schiit Valhalla, Schiit Bifrost with USB and Uber, Toshiba SD9200, etc.). But other than my Schiit being the off-color variety, seems the Schiit stacks are already covered for the meet. And I may be running into transportation issues by coming from the Mall (i.e. prefer not to walk around with a 24 pound CD player).  So if you don't mind, I'll just bring a couple headphones and portables. I would still like to listen to my HD650 while there. So I'll be bringing it with 1/8", 1/4", and both variety of balanced cables. I'll bring either Audio-Technica ATH-M50x or NAD VISO HP50 phones along with my portable AMP/DAC collection of AudioQuest DragonFly, Meridian Explorer (both generations), Pono (oh no!), and Schiit Fulla.

Cool. I really want to check out the HP50 and the Schiit fulla so definitely bring those along if you can.

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #146 of 242
I will definitely bring the NAD headphones then!

And the commute from downtown DC is not difficult. There's a bus 29N from King Street Station and Bus Bay D. If you hop on the 11:10AM bus, it'll get you to the library by 11:45AM. That is if you take the Metro from Union Station to King Street Station, you can make it - no problem.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #147 of 242
I'd like to attend.  I've never been to one of these before.

I can bring a pair of Sennheiser HD 380 pro headphones and a Fiio E06 headphone amp.

If I can find all the parts and if they fit in my bag, I'll bring an Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0 with upgraded power supply. I think it's a 3.0.

I'm very interested in trying out the DDE 3.0.  I haven't used it with headphones.

Dave

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #149 of 242
Are tables just first come first serve?

Also is anyone bringing DT990 Premium 600ohms? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back