DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY. APRIL 12, 2015 Noon-5 pm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2015 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 242

Barry S

1000+ Head-Fier
George Mason Regional Library
George Mason Meeting Room (on your left right after the entrance).
Date: SUNDAY. APRIL 12, 2015
Time: 12:00 Noon to 5:00 PM

Hey Everyone,

Please post the list of the gear you can bring, and don't forget to bring your extension cords, power strips, and adapters.

Meet Rules

1. Please treat fellow head-fiers and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
  2. Please don't unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
  3. Please don't turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
  4. Please don't move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
  5. Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own.
  6. Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling other’s equipment.
  7. Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
  8. Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 242
Cool, thank you. Will be there, w Senn HD600 (2), denon D2000, & maybe other 'phones, Schiit Uberfrost and Vali and Valhalla 2, hi-Rez & standard musics.

Gear I'd like other people to bring: the LCD-3, th-900, & AH-D7000, which I really enjoyed at the last meet.

Feb 11, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 242
On my schedule now... :)
I'll plan to bring the KSA5 clone, WA3 mod with tube assortment, and SuSy Dynalo.
Modi, Pure i20, netbook
LCD-2.2, HD558
My balanced Dynahi project is still in limbo....it has a hissy front end in SE mode I'm working out.
Maybe some stuff from the parts box to trade or sell off...
...and a very cool new Gilmore current feedback amp prototype. :)

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 242
Cool, thank you. Will be there, w Senn HD600 (2), denon D2000, & maybe other 'phones, Schiit Uberfrost and Vali and Valhalla 2, hi-Rez & standard musics.

Gear I'd like other people to bring: the LCD-3, th-900, & AH-D7000, which I really enjoyed at the last meet.

I will bring my TH900s even if I'm with my kid.

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #7 of 242
I will definitely be there.

On my list to bring:

Hifiman HE-560, HE-400i, HE-400 (Sold)
Oppo PM-1, PM-3 (maybe)
AKG K7XX
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250

Schiit Lyr 2/Bifrost Uber
Audio-GD NFB-10.33, NFB-15
Meier Audio Corda HA-1 mkII and Nuforce uDAC-3

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #8 of 242
On my schedule now...
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll plan to bring the KSA5 clone, WA3 mod with tube assortment, and SuSy Dynalo.
Modi, Pure i20, netbook
LCD-2.2, HD558
My balanced Dynahi project is still in limbo....it has a hissy front end in SE mode I'm working out.
Maybe some stuff from the parts box to trade or sell off...

Cool--I'd love to compare the Ragnarok to your KSA-5 clone and the BH Crack to your modded WA3.

My list for the meet--

LCD-X, HD650
Ragnarok, Vali, Crack+Speedball
Gungnir or Yggdrasil (gonna try to have one for the meet)

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 242
Yes, very cool! I've got a pass-through on the WA3 so we can run the BH and it on the same source easily. :)

Cool--I'd love to compare the Ragnarok to your KSA-5 clone and the BH Crack to your modded WA3.

My list for the meet--

LCD-X, HD650
Ragnarok, Vali, Crack+Speedball
Gungnir or Yggdrasil (gonna try to have one for the meet)

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #11 of 242
I'll have a Uberfrost/Valhalla 2, LD I+ and Modi and either my HD650 or T1.

It sounds like there will be some fantastic gear. I'm looking forward to the Ragnarok/Yggdrasil, BH Crack, Gungnir, and HD700, as well as hearing an LCD X again. That might be my favorite of any headphone I've ever heard, but it's unfortunately out of my price range right ow.

Anyone have a PS1000? That's only headphone I really really want to try and haven't had a chance to yet.

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #12 of 242
Nice to see we have a time and place now.  I put it on my schedule.

I can bring my HD598, Vali, Modi, MDR7506 and KSC75. 

Quote:

Yes, very cool! I've got a pass-through on the WA3 so we can run the BH and it on the same source easily.
smily_headphones1.gif

That would be a great comparison.  I really want to hear the Speedball Crack.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #13 of 242
  I'll have a Uberfrost/Valhalla 2, LD I+ and Modi and either my HD650 or T1.

It sounds like there will be some fantastic gear. I'm looking forward to the Ragnarok/Yggdrasil, BH Crack, Gungnir, and HD700, as well as hearing an LCD X again. That might be my favorite of any headphone I've ever heard, but it's unfortunately out of my price range right ow.

Anyone have a PS1000? That's only headphone I really really want to try and haven't had a chance to yet.

I would love to hear the T1 that's one of the few headphones I have never heard.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #14 of 242
I'll bring my SR200s, HD650s, and maybe some T50RPs.
Couple of USB DACs...  iFi iDSD Nano and Audioengine D1
Those little DAC/amps do "okay" depending on the headphone and source material, but I'm still in need of a proper headphone amp for the HD650s. I've pretty much been waiting to hear the Crack before I make any purchase decisions, so I'm looking forward to that.
In addition to the laptop I'll bring a tweaked CD player or two.

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #15 of 242
I definitely want to hear the Crack+Speedball and WA3. I have been listening to HD650 on Schiit Fulla and Schiit Valhalla.
This will be my first meet, so I definitely want to walk around and see more than I would want to "be seen". However here are some of the other things I could bring:

1. Pure i-20
  2. PeachTree DAC-iTx
  3. Meridian Explorer
  4. AudioQuest Dragonfly ver 1.2

I'm not sure how people feel about regular CD source. I do not feel comfortable dismantling my main source, but I could bring Marantz SA-8260 or Toshiba SD9200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back