DC Area Head-Fi Meet and End-of-Summer SchiitStorm! - August 12, 2017 - Gaithersburg, Maryland! - IMPRESSIONS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #31 of 32
More news: CAF is more than happy to accommodate a headphone meet that allows everyone to bring all the gear they'd like to. Whether it will be Saturday or Sunday is up to you guys. I believe @gandhisfist is the official liaison so he'll give final word. Today I discussed moving the planned location allocated to one as close as possible to the CanMania section: in the hallway outside. I put forward the idea that anyone coming for the meet, who isn't a student or military, get's 50% off tickets.

Also a reminder that the Red Line Metro station Twinbrook is literally right next to the hotel. A perfect time to really hone how you'll describe that new DAP/IEM/other portable audio device before getting to the show.

LTA is donating one fully loaded MZ2 to CAF, and there will be places to enter the drawing at the entrance ticket table and in each of the two or three rooms we'll be in, and at our booth. The cost of entry is your EMAIL! and NAME! Both can be fake, I suppose, as long as you remember your fake name when we announce the winner at the end of day Saturday, around 5:30.

ALSO, unrelated to any of this but just because I might be able to finagle (I hate spelling that word incorrectly) something, please PM or email me at will@lineartubeaudio.com if there's a product made by a smaller manufacturer/person-in-a-garage-who-also-goes-by-a-brand-name and I'll see if I can work out a way to get their stuff at the show. No promises, no guarantees, just my willingness to cold email people who make neat things.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #32 of 32
More news: CAF is more than happy to accommodate a headphone meet that allows everyone to bring all the gear they'd like to. Whether it will be Saturday or Sunday is up to you guys. I believe @gandhisfist is the official liaison so he'll give final word. Today I discussed moving the planned location allocated to one as close as possible to the CanMania section: in the hallway outside. I put forward the idea that anyone coming for the meet, who isn't a student or military, get's 50% off tickets.

Also a reminder that the Red Line Metro station Twinbrook is literally right next to the hotel. A perfect time to really hone how you'll describe that new DAP/IEM/other portable audio device before getting to the show.

LTA is donating one fully loaded MZ2 to CAF, and there will be places to enter the drawing at the entrance ticket table and in each of the two or three rooms we'll be in, and at our booth. The cost of entry is your EMAIL! and NAME! Both can be fake, I suppose, as long as you remember your fake name when we announce the winner at the end of day Saturday, around 5:30.

ALSO, unrelated to any of this but just because I might be able to finagle (I hate spelling that word incorrectly) something, please PM or email me at will@lineartubeaudio.com if there's a product made by a smaller manufacturer/person-in-a-garage-who-also-goes-by-a-brand-name and I'll see if I can work out a way to get their stuff at the show. No promises, no guarantees, just my willingness to cold email people who make neat things.

Thanks for stepping up, Will, this is sounding more and more like an event not to miss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back