dba 02/b2 from shure se 535 ?
Jun 4, 2012 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ayaflo

Formerly known as turgid & facilitator.
my shure se 535 has a very convincing sound and i can't ignore the fact that i am very happy with them ...but now i have around 100 pounds - 150 dollars to spare...and im lookin for a very analytical sounding iem with absolute clarity,detail and transparency ....will the dba02/b2 be in the right direction ? 

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 6
Yes, I liked them better than Shures as a matter of fact. Mids are noticeably thinner and treble brighter.

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 6
These are the right way to go. "Clarity" "Transparency" "Detail" are all ways to describe these and they do it as good as or better than any other universal  i have tried and i would even go to say pip the Sony EX1000s at these things (not the rest).

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 6
what about the availability of these?? the dba 02 mk2 has an increased amount of microphonics thats the only thing thats putting me off besides the flat cable ...
the b2 discontinued?

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 6
The Etymotic HF5, Klipsch Image X5, REO are also very good sounding (highly detailed in mids and highs)......

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #6 of 6
the retailer here will probably have the b2 in stock by the end of this month/ next month ...as for the hf5s ....they cost way more than their mrp in my country. 
and the re0s are out of question due to its infamous build quality. then again should i wait for the re 272s to drop down in price (another 2 to 3 years may be).....
my asking in and around the forum led me to have mixed impressions about the b2 as a possible upgrade from my se 535s .....
like joker believing them to have a higher sq while clieos favouring the shures in terms of sq. 
i do know that these are their personal opinions but hmmmm What! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back