DB Systems Headphone Amp PIC and INFO
Aug 13, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 12
evidently, still not small enough.
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2002 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 12
What's so special about this amp?

Aug 13, 2002 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 12
It sure does look plain, but it also DOES still cost a lot of money. How does it perform though? Let's hope it doesn't perform as it looks
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 13, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by erikiksaz
It sure does look plain, but it also DOES still cost a lot of money. How does it perform though? Let's hope it doesn't perform as it looks
evil_smiley.gif

No it doesn't, $235 is pretty cheap for a professional audiophile headphone amp. Only the Rega and Creek cost around the same.

Aug 13, 2002 at 5:58 AM Post #9 of 12
Darn, these types of amps can't have their prices compared with DIY amps, huh? I wonder how they perform against the Creeks and METAs.

Aug 13, 2002 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 12
I talked to an AA salesman about the db systems amp. He said he had a chance to listen to it with a pair of Grado RS-1s. He described the sound as very neutral. He also said that, in his opinion, it should drive the HD580/600 very well (because he didn’t listen to the amp with a pair of HD600s, take that with a grain of salt).

When I asked him about the quote from the AA people that this was the best amp they’ve had at AA in quite awhile, he said, “well, I don’t know if it’s the best . . . ”
The way he said it implied that it was a good little amp but not great.

The db systems amp is not currently in stock. He said it would be about 10 days or so.

Aug 13, 2002 at 4:43 PM Post #12 of 12
Notice too that it has an "outboard power supply" ala' the EarMax Pro and the ASL SR-Head. Not that it makes any difference but....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back