Dayton iMM-6 Calibrated Mic + Audiotools iOS app, a great choice for generating and comparing quick n dirty IEM FR curves
Apr 5, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #18 of 23
I'm in the process of setting up my own test rig with the following

imm-06
iphone X
AudioTools
lightning to 3.5mm audio jack

I followed Nik's youtube video. However, my initial measurements looks far off from the reference measurements already floating around. Both ends are steeply rolled off. Just wondering if imm-06 has compatibility issues with iPhoneX.

Apr 5, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #19 of 23
I'm in the process of setting up my own test rig with the following

imm-06
iphone X
AudioTools
lightning to 3.5mm audio jack

I followed Nik's youtube video. However, my initial measurements looks far off from the reference measurements already floating around. Both ends are steeply rolled off. Just wondering if imm-06 has compatibility issues with iPhoneX.

I've used 2 different iMM-6s now - from my experience, that's just the way they are. In fact, that's the way most mics are (the Movo I tried had even more roll-off). Supposedly, mics aren't accurate and/or reliable at the extreme ends of the frequency range anyways (ie above 9k-10k for example).

Also, the calibration from Dayton Audio shouldn't be used, because it is calibrated for open air use. You'll need to make your own calibration file (you can edit theirs). And since you're doing your own calibration file, you can tweak it to match the reference measurements more closely (assuming you are using the same IEM as the reference).

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #20 of 23
I've used 2 different iMM-6s now - from my experience, that's just the way they are. In fact, that's the way most mics are (the Movo I tried had even more roll-off). Supposedly, mics aren't accurate and/or reliable at the extreme ends of the frequency range anyways (ie above 9k-10k for example).

Also, the calibration from Dayton Audio shouldn't be used, because it is calibrated for open air use. You'll need to make your own calibration file (you can edit theirs). And since you're doing your own calibration file, you can tweak it to match the reference measurements more closely (assuming you are using the same IEM as the reference).
Hi Slater, have you tried those cheap Movo MA1000 or MA2000? I am looking for extremely budget solution for measuring my mods.

Just started modding KZ ATE and plan to do DIY build with cheap AliExpress stuff. And I would like to be able to measure and see how my mods and tuning are going.

Are those Movo mics suitable solution or is IMM-6 worth the price increase?

Jan 27, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #21 of 23
Hi Slater, have you tried those cheap Movo MA1000 or MA2000? I am looking for extremely budget solution for measuring my mods.

Just started modding KZ ATE and plan to do DIY build with cheap AliExpress stuff. And I would like to be able to measure and see how my mods and tuning are going.

Are those Movo mics suitable solution or is IMM-6 worth the price increase?

I tried the Movo. They must use a different microphone capsule.

Despite looking the same as an IMM6, it does not work the same at all.

Don’t waste your money on a Movo.

Jan 28, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #22 of 23
I tried the Movo. They must use a different microphone capsule.

Despite looking the same as an IMM6, it does not work the same at all.

Don’t waste your money on a Movo.
Ok thanks for the answer. IMM6 is quite expensive here in Europe. So I don’t know if it’s worth it or should I rather buy one of those currently popular IEMs... Hm tough choices :D

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #23 of 23
I put the iMM-6 onto the silicon pipe and the microphone is loose now as it went off the device. I can't put it back due to the glue on the tube side. I am not sure if I should apply much force. My question is as follows. There's a mesh at the end part of the tube. Do I have to put the mic deep inside the tube to touch the mesh or shouldn't it go deep inside but just a little bit?

Attachments

• iMM-6.jpg
    iMM-6.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back