Day of Defeat: Source. Opinions and comments.
Oct 5, 2005 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

headchange4u

500+ Head-Fier
I have been playing Day of Defeat source for a little over a week now. I thought it was really fun in the begining, but I have gotten bored with it lately.

I think it looks beautiful and plays great. They could have included a couple of more maps. I think the maps included started to feel very similar after playing them for a while. All are burned out, blown up cities. I played a homebrew map of Omaha today.. It was a little rough around the edges but really fun. I think it was called dod_omaha_v1 or something similar.

My opinion may change as Valve release more maps and more player maps become available. I still find myself drifting back to the more tactical based Counter Strike after a few rounds of DOD. I have been waiting for this game for a while because I used to LOVE the original DOD. Maybe I was expecting a lot and that's why I feel a little let down.

I can't wait until a source version of the Hill comes out.....

Oct 5, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 4
I have to be honest, I never really played it before
frown.gif
. I tried playing, but I sucked sooooo bad. the graphics is nice, but the recoil of some of the guns are too much though. I'll still try to play it when Im not playing CS:S
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 5, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 4
I like it, but the limited class kits are a bit annoying. No grease gun? No way to get the M-1 carbine with a decent number of clips? No MG-34? Only a few classes have pistols? It's still a lot of fun though. I can't wait for an updated version of Caen to be released.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #4 of 4
So far I think it is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait for an updated CAEN as well.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back