David Bowie's new album "Heathen"
May 31, 2002 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TimSchirmer

Repelling digital infidels. (Would that be called the Digifadah?)
Has anyone heard this yet? I know it is not out yet, but i missed the big record release party over in LA last weekend, and have not heard it yet. Anyone know if it is better than tin man and most of his recent work?

May 31, 2002 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 6
I just got a few mp3's....like it very much so far. David bowie is so ambigous with his musical styling. Lol, I've already got those single collections too. Hehehe...if you want a good bowie cd...just get the classic rise and fall of ziggy stardust...then you will be nice and addicted, and move on to different bowie eras

May 31, 2002 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Hey Ziggy (aka Tim)
I haven't liked any of the last 3 or 4 Cds by Bowie
-hours
-earthling
-outside
-never let me down

Last decent CD for me was 1983 "lets dance" and last really great CD was 1980 "scary monsters" this CD really was Bowie's creative peak as "lets dance" was very safe and predictable
although enjoyable.........nothing after this really worked for me.
Song "ashes to ashes" from scary is a masterpeice, brilliant syncopated beat every thing afterwards sounds pedestrian in comparison.

There is a great 2 CD greatest hits available now which used to be only available as Australian import:
http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Ass3gtq2z9u48

I think this collection is preferable to getting both the Changesonebowie and Changestwobowie CDs (which I also own)

May 31, 2002 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 6
Yep, that is true darkangel. So far though, I am enjoying it quite a bit more than Earthlings. Ashes to Ashes is definetly one of the best! It is also bowie best music video IMO.

Jun 1, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 6
I loved Outside. I think it is his best album. I think the concept behind the album and the diary that accompanies it are truly amazing. I just wish Bowie would finish the story, dammit.

I think Heathen will be just as good, if not better. The feel of the album has been compared to Outside by some Bowienet members. (I'm a member but I haven't heard any songs other than "Slow Burn").

Jun 2, 2002 at 12:32 AM Post #6 of 6
What's the release date?

Anyone know if Bowie has retracted his policy on not performing classic songs live anymore?

I saw him on his tour with NIN just after he'd enacted his policy and people left the auditorium in droves after NIN left the stage. I'd say well over half the people walked out on David Bowie. I just couldn't believe it but when the guy absolutely refused to play anything anyone knew, you almost couldn't blame them--especially when NIN was the main reason they came.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back