david blaine
Aug 18, 2002 at 9:54 PM Post #16 of 28
I dislike TV magic... for example, there's one "levitation" trick that's fantastically easy to do with a camera as an audience but very difficult with real people. (it has to do with angles)

Aug 18, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
Russ - a Photographer and a Magician ? You are really multi talented!

Well, to be honest, I'm a much better photographer than magician. I've been doing/studying/teaching/writing about photography for about 14 years now, whereas I've only been actively practicing magic for about 3. Realistically, I'm good enough that I could entertain/impress a group of friends/family for maybe 30 minutes, but I don't really have a nice routine worked out and I'm definitely not someone who could make a living doing magic.

Aug 18, 2002 at 10:59 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
His tricks are easy to do, but his performance is second to none.

Fox had one of those magic tricks releaved shows that delt with street magic and they told how all the trick were done, including the Ice one.

yeah, I saw that special as well. Quite frankly, if you saw how they did the ice thing, you deflate VERY quickly.
biggrin.gif

What I want to know, is how do you "levitate?" It looks very cool, and everyone says it's simple. . .

Apr 12, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #24 of 28
daniel blaine's tricks are really quite simple. I looked at one of his tricks, where he bites off a piece of a quarter and blows it back on, and that can be really inexpensively obtained at any magic shop...

The levitation he does is called Balducci Levitation if anyone wants to know the secret.

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
daniel blaine's tricks are really quite simple. I looked at one of his tricks, where he bites off a piece of a quarter and blows it back on, and that can be really inexpensively obtained at any magic shop...

The levitation he does is called Balducci Levitation if anyone wants to know the secret.

yeah, i've known that one for a while. really freaks out my coworkers when i levitate.

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #26 of 28
My friend and I were blown away when we first saw him do the Balducci Levitation. Unfortunately, Blaine does some TV trickery where he intercuts doing the Balducci with footage of him being suspended on wires. That's a real cheat in the magician's world. TV trickery is a real cheat. But anyone can do the Balducci Levitation at home, the office or on the street and it's pretty impressive little trick. My friend, a tennis player, could to it really, really well. Just just need to be in shape with strong toes! I'm sure you could look it up on the web. We did. I think it's also called the Balducci Effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balducci_levitation#Method

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
Dead link

I am not too surprised, seeing as how this thread is about 5 1/2 years old.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back