dave-the-rave, happy birthday!
Jan 19, 2003 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 8
Happy Birthday, Dave. Rock on!

Jan 19, 2003 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 8
You guys are the best. And remember, the greater number of you there is, the less each of you will have to contribute toward my birthday present— a new Earmax Pro to compare to my microzotl!

But in all seriousness, thanks. I'm usually not that active in the music forum (too much gloom-metal), but the other night, I posted 6 times there. It was nice to see people responding to the Doves reco; then I took markl's reco right back and ordered Elbow's "Asleep in the Back." It's great to be able to share the music, 'cuz when you get past all the specs, tubes, hype and equipment comparing, that's what it's all about. (Gee, i think I'm gonna cry.)

BTW, the full zotl review will have to wait. First off, I now realize that it's fairer to live wit a piece for a while, so as not to jump to premature conclusions. Then there's tube rolling-- Is it fair to draw conclusions on one set of tubes when another set will change the sound. Third, my tubes are supposed to be optimized for Sony cd-3000... which i do not yet have. Like to get a Grado 325 (or HP-1!) in-house too. But so far, i am enjoying the zotl spades more than my Creek obh-11, which will hit the bricks any day now. I'm trying the zotl with my speakers as well; it's smooth and open, but there is no bass to speak of, so I believe that that will not be a long term option. (Harvey Rosenberg, in his piece on the zotl, suggests bi-wiring speakers with a pair of zotl's for the mid and tweeter, and a more conventional (read: solid state) amp for the woofers.

Adieu...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back