Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
May 2, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #152 of 1,160
  If you guys thinks this belongs in its own thread, please let me know. I'm "the new guy" so I'm not sure about behavior and I feel like I'm hijacking the OP.

Should this go in another thread with instructions?

Yes i think your earbud mods deserve a thread of its own. This will help all other earbud users to find this info years down the road. Definitely of great interest appreciate the mod! 
beerchug.gif

May 3, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #153 of 1,160
The M760 with the mod is now my monitoring system! $26 + the mod. Unbelievable! 

Before I start a thread on the mod, I'd like some feedback. It might be only my ears that thinks this is spectacular. As a side note, the IEM with Knowles TWFK were terrible for monitors but they were okay for listening to music. Some people love these BAs. I like the cheap M760 better. . .than anything on my list. . .

I'm still anticipating the arrival of the Croon TinGo TG-38s!

May 3, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #154 of 1,160
  So, what's the deal with this thing
confused.gif
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.w4018-4435525199.14.8q1rUQ&scm=1007.170.0.0&id=36594652901&pvid=4f676780-7cde-403c-8ec9-5cb5bef492c2&jlogid=p03073954066c9

Anybody heard something about this model?

does this site ships overseas?  i couldnt find any buton to change the language so i used translator, but still this site loks as if it operates only in china.

May 3, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #156 of 1,160
I have linked all the users' impressions in the first post, so newcomers can find them easier.

That's very helpful and convenient, Ben. I'm very excited to receive mine and compare to my OK1.

May 3, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #157 of 1,160
  Here are the pictures. From the rear, they look like regular ear foams. I am using the earfoams to affix the contraption to the buds. I do not use the silicon lip but leave it to act as a spring to insure some space so the sound from all the earbud holes can be focused into the soundshole. I cut off the mushroom tip and put my own homemade foams made from memoory foam earplugs. You can leave the mushroom intact or use your choice of tips - Comply or whatever. I use my homemade bootleg ones because they sound and feel best to me. Note that these do not go into your ears as deeply as IEMs.

view from the rear.

front and side view

the foams can easily removed to use on other buds

these are the components used: Doughnutted standard earbud foam (smallest setting on the hole punch), bootleg eartip made from earplugs, small portion of fishtank PVC piping cut with a 45 degree angle at one end, silicon rubber tip with mushroom removed - you can leave the mushroom on if you want. The fishtank hose is necesary or the foam tip will collapse the canal - I tried straws too but they weren't strong enough.

a doughnutted foam with the mushroom head still intact that I cut off.

the tools I use

The finished product without the bootleg foam.

Should this go in another thread with instructions?

Kickass Mod dude!

You just gotta start a new thread all about this - also, it would be great if you could put up a Youtube video on how to construct it perfectly!

Thanks!

May 3, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #158 of 1,160
  does this site ships overseas?  i couldnt find any buton to change the language so i used translator, but still this site loks as if it operates only in china.

Safe to put the link through Mistertao and use them. Though they don't use Paypal.

Haven't used Aliexpress in a while but that link above is pricey. Should be found quite a bit cheaper than that.

Of course as mentioned, 17mm dual diaphragms, so those who wish to try should have decent sized ears.

I'm out simply because I bought a TG38S on the 26th :)

May 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #159 of 1,160
Since I got the Dasetn M series (760, 1, and 3), I have been listening to the M760 almost non-stop. Previously, I might listen to music for an hour a day - but have the TV on for 6-8 hours. Now, it's more like listening for 12+ hours a day. listen at very low volumes (I got the head banging out of my system in my 30s). What I noticed after several days, the M760 started to sound not so great. I switched to the M1, and the M1 sounded awesome! After 2 days or so, I switched back to the M760, and the M760 sounded clear, clean, crisp, airy, and awesome again! Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I took out some of my cheaper IEMs, they didn't sound fresh like the M3 did after the M760 went stale. . .the IEMs still sounded not so great (actually very V-shaped).

May 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #160 of 1,160
I have finished burn-in of Blox BE5 and this is the second best earbud I ever heard, which makes it a huge disappointment for me.
Why? Because a 95$ BE5 has an inferior SQ to a 15$ TG-38S.

Bass:
BE5 has a very similar bass to TG-38S - very tight, uncharacteristic for an earbud.
TG-38S does punch harder though, BE5 is too lean.

Mids:
BE5's mids are warm and a little veiled.
TG-38S mids are much clearer, remind me a lot of Havi B3 Pro MK1

Highs:
BE5 has good non-sibilant highs, but they don't extend much.
TG-38S has more extended and clearer highs.

Soundstage:
When i started BE5's burn-in, it had two very different soundstages: a huge one close to me for vocals and a much smaller and distant one for the instruments.
During the burn-in they almost merged, but sometime it still sounds weird.
TG-38S has a consistent and huge soundstage, sounds airier than BE5.

Packaging:
BE5 came with no accessories, not even foams.
TG-38S came with a clamshell case and 3 pairs of foams.
I really don't understand Blox's decision here, 25 pairs of foam cost less than 2$ on eBay, and that's a retail price including international shipping.
A clamshell can be had for under 1$ - again a retail price including international shipping.

May 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #162 of 1,160
I have finished burn-in of Blox BE5 and this is the second best earbud I ever heard, which makes it a huge disappointment for me.

Why? Because a 95$ BE5 has an inferior SQ to a 15$ TG-38S.

MAN! Before I was relaxed about waiting for my TG-38S I ordered. After reading all of that, I want them NOW! Haa!

May 5, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #163 of 1,160
Got my TG-38S but the seller sent me a defective pair. Reading the comparison between the Blox BE5 and the Tingo makes me more upset. I could have enjoyed them if I receive a working pair. Another 3 days of waiting for the replacement.
mad.gif

May 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #164 of 1,160
I am not suggesting anyone go buy these (they are really thin rubbery nothings) but many years ago I purchased these on DealExtreme http://www.dx.com/p/noise-isolation-silicon-add-on-36#.U2enp_ldXPA . Because of the post by mtliu I ransacked my headphone drawer to try them before I went and ordered the better set recommended. I never got them to work before (on iBuds or Yuin) but they fit snugly on the M760. I didn't have to do any mods to them and they give all the isolation of a canalphone. Honestly I use earbuds so that I can hear my surroundings but now when I want isolation I can just pop these on and drown out the rest of the world. Plus with these on they don't really sit in the ear lobe and are just that much more comfortable, for me. Thanks mtliu for your suggestion that reminded me I had these. 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 5, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #165 of 1,160
  Got my TG-38S but the seller sent me a defective pair. Reading the comparison between the Blox BE5 and the Tingo makes me more upset. I could have enjoyed them if I receive a working pair. Another 3 days of waiting for the replacement.
mad.gif

Did you buy from Tingo's Taobao store?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back