Darkvoice just released 332
Mar 19, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #1,156 of 1,892
Well, considering "Jasmine"'s email address is Alexander Zhou...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #1,157 of 1,892
Im so engrossed in this thread, reading through all the long post.. gain alot of infos from you guys. Now after much reading.. i think ill try my first roll, with a pair of Mullard M8100 + Ulyanovsk 6S19P ..
good move?

And oh.. its my first post in head-fi too.

Regards,
russman.

Mar 20, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #1,158 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by russman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im so engrossed in this thread, reading through all the long post.. gain alot of infos from you guys. Now after much reading.. i think ill try my first roll, with a pair of Mullard M8100 + Ulyanovsk 6S19P ..
good move?

And oh.. its my first post in head-fi too.

Regards,
russman.

Heya russman,
welcome to head-fi! I think you made a good choice of tubes to try, I'm still looking for some of the mullard's to try myself so I can't speak from experience but it surely will be a large improvement over the stock tubes. Enjoy your 332 tube rolling... and sorry about your wallet.
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #1,159 of 1,892
By the way, I just saw that they have some Mullards for $4.75/tube at:

Antique Electronic Supply

They are listed as: "5654/6AK5W - PENTODE, SHARP CUTOFF, RF, MULLARD LABELED CV4010." The picture of the tube has "Mullard M8100" on it. You could call/email them to find out more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heya russman,
welcome to head-fi! I think you made a good choice of tubes to try, I'm still looking for some of the mullard's to try myself so I can't speak from experience but it surely will be a large improvement over the stock tubes. Enjoy your 332 tube rolling... and sorry about your wallet.
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #1,161 of 1,892
Mar 21, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #1,162 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good combo, Russman. Look also for the CV4010s - they are the military version of the M8100s.

Isn't the M8100 the military version of the CV4010?

Mar 21, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #1,163 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by russman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you godkin, shellylh, zodduska.
Seems like these tubes are hard to find.. i manage to find a store in taiwan that sells these mullards, but they have two version.. so i dont know are these good ones or clones? Seems like they have plenty of stocks.

this http://www.audio.idv.tw/shop/product...roducts_id=271

and this
http://www.audio.idv.tw/shop/product...roducts_id=521

and, is tube matching crucial?

I ordered 4 matched M8100s (from your first link) from them and everything went fine. I paid directly with paypal and the tubes were sent to me the next day, shipping was fast as far as I remember.
I'm using 2 of them and a friend of mine is using the other pair and we're both satisfied.
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't think it's a problem if your tubes aren't matched. My Ulyanovsks aren't matched and they work perfectly fine too.
However this shop provides a cheap matching service so if you want to, have them matched.

Mar 21, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #1,164 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, I just saw that they have some Mullards for $4.75/tube at:

Antique Electronic Supply

They are listed as: "5654/6AK5W - PENTODE, SHARP CUTOFF, RF, MULLARD LABELED CV4010." The picture of the tube has "Mullard M8100" on it. You could call/email them to find out more.

Nice find! I'll check it out, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #1,165 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kataklystik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered 4 matched M8100s (from your first link) from them and everything went fine. I paid directly with paypal and the tubes were sent to me the next day, shipping was fast as far as I remember.
I'm using 2 of them and a friend of mine is using the other pair and we're both satisfied.
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't think it's a problem if your tubes aren't matched. My Ulyanovsks aren't matched and they work perfectly fine too.
However this shop provides a cheap matching service so if you want to, have them matched.

Great.. now problem solved for m8100, now i cant seem to find the Ulyanovsks in this shop.. and dont see any other choices as well, you know any other online store carries it?.

"shellylh".. nice find, thx

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #1,168 of 1,892
Be careful with wen audio. The say they sell pairs but in reality you're only buying one tube. If you buy two pairs of tubes they will only send you two tubes rather than 4 tubes. Paypal won't cover your losses either.

I bought 4 M8100s from them but only received two and one of them turned out to be defective... Buy directly from ebay if you can because at least paypal will give you some protection that way.

Mar 22, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #1,170 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamwhisper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey how do you guys think the DV332 would sound with the ATH W5000 (40 ohm), I just bought a pair
tongue.gif

The DV332 supposedly excels with higher impedance cans...

It sounds very good with the AD2000s - though, better with the Senns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back