Darkvoice 336SE 220v vs 110v
Nov 17, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #16 of 55
Does anyone who has a darkvoice know if they come in separate versions or do all DV's in the US needs a transformer? I have looked at their website and it clearly states 110V, 220-240V versions.

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #17 of 55
You know what bugs me? It does clearly state that it comes in a 110 volt version. And you find out after you clicked "Buy Now" that he doesn't have one. The seller should have given you the option to cancel your order. Very bad business if you ask me...

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #18 of 55
The seller got back to me today and said that there is only a 220v version with a transformer... I just emailed AudiophileChina to clear this up. The seller is supported by them so hopefully they will give me a better answer.

I really don't mind using a transformer just as long as it does not affect the sound quality/performance.

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #20 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The seller got back to me today and said that there is only a 220v version with a transformer... I just emailed AudiophileChina to clear this up. The seller is supported by them so hopefully they will give me a better answer.

I really don't mind using a transformer just as long as it does not affect the sound quality/performance.

If it's a decent transformer it shouldn't affect the sound. The thing that would bother me is the resale value if you were to sell it within the USA. I personally wouldn't buy it that way.

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #21 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's a decent transformer it shouldn't affect the sound. The thing that would bother me is the resale value if you were to sell it within the USA. I personally wouldn't buy it that way.

I just emailed the seller and told him that if he can't get the 110v version to cancel my order.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #22 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just emailed the seller and told him that if he can't get the 110v version to cancel my order.

Why put up with that bull****? You did the right thing. There are other sellers on ebay like jasmine_chine. I would contact the seller before you buy to make sure he/she has a 110 volt unit in stock.

Good Luck,

Glenn

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #23 of 55
Quote:

Why put up with that bull****? You did the right thing. There are other sellers on ebay like jasmine_chine. I would contact the seller before you buy to make sure he/she has a 110 volt unit in stock.

Good Luck,

Glenn

I agree! He is probably just telling you there is no 110v version because he doesn't have any in stock and doesn't want to order one, figuring you'll take a cheap transformer instead.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #24 of 55
Did you pay via paypal? If you don't hear from the seller soon, I'd file a complaint with paypal and tell them that his/her selling practices are fraudulent. Paypal usually sides with the buyer. You have an excellent case if you ask me.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #25 of 55
Quote:

Did you pay via paypal? If you don't hear from the seller soon, I'd file a complaint with paypal and tell them that his/her selling practices are fraudulent. Paypal usually sides with the buyer. You have an excellent case if you ask me.

Yes I paid with paypal... The communication with the seller isn't the best. I usually get a response for my question the day after I ask (maybe time difference?). In his last response, the seller said (and I quote) "it just come in the 220v version with a transformer", which is clearly not true.

Weird... I bid with confidence since the posting said "Supported by www.audiophilechina.com" who I know support this forum and got great reviews.

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #26 of 55
FWIW:

PayPal has a security center, and they write that you can cancel and get a refund, if item does not match what they said about it.

And, audiophilechina says they have the 336SE in stock at similar price to what you paid:

Welcome to Audiophilechina

I bought my 336SE from ebay from jasmine_chine, but paid a lot more for it.
frown.gif

Good luck.

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #27 of 55
I thought I'd post an update.

So it's been over 3 days since the last response from them.
I emailed them each day asking about the status of my order but with no response. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I'm going to dispute it thru PayPal and post negative feedback.

In the meantime, I emailed jasmine_chine to see if they had the 110v version. I got a prompt response that the amp is in stock and ready for immediate shipment. I really wouldn't mind spending the extra money to avoid all of this...

About AudiophileChina, I emailed them as well over 3 days ago to see if they had the 110v version in stock. No response yet... I don't know but I'm going to stay away from them. Jasmine_chine was the only one that got back to me right away so I think that's where my money is going to go.

Nov 20, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #28 of 55
I hope everything works out for you my friend
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #29 of 55
W. Babylon,NY on Montauk Hwy across from KMart = AudioVisions

LakeGrove,NY on Rt.25 about 1/2 mile east of Simon Mall (SmithHaven Mall) = Audio Den

Southampton,NY = Charo's Custom Sound

There's others on LongIsland, but i cant think of their names, i just know how to get there...lol, but these are the best ones.

There's also Sound By Singer, NYC

Yayyy LongIsland!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #30 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
W. Babylon,NY on Montauk Hwy across from KMart = AudioVisions

LakeGrove,NY on Rt.25 about 1/2 mile east of Simon Mall (SmithHaven Mall) = Audio Den

Southampton,NY = Charo's Custom Sound

There's others on LongIsland, but i cant think of their names, i just know how to get there...lol, but these are the best ones.

There's also Sound By Singer, NYC

Yayyy LongIsland!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I purchased Thiels from AudioVisions back in the late 80's.. A friend of mine is one of the owners of Audio Breakthrough's in Manhasset. I worked at Designatron's Stereo Store in Hicksville in 1980 doing Kloss Nova Beam installations, and I was the official Hafler kit builder for them.
smily_headphones1.gif
Oh yes, I purchased B&W 603 S3's from Audio Den a couple of years ago..

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back