Darkvoice 336i question
Oct 27, 2008 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Speakerjunky

New Head-Fier
Will I be able to hook (active monitors -monitors with amps in them already) studio monitors to the rca output of the Darkvoice? These are line level I assume? I sure don't want to blow up my monitors. Does the headphone gain knob also control the rca outputs?

Oct 27, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speakerjunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will I be able to hook (active monitors -monitors with amps in them already) studio monitors to the rca output of the Darkvoice? These are line level I assume? I sure don't want to blow up my monitors. Does the headphone gain knob also control the rca outputs?

Yes, the RCA are line level pre-amp out, so you control the volume with the knob in the front, and you feed the RCA out into your powered speakers.

Oct 27, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 31
Wait... If I do that how will I be able to utilize the headphones? I would like to be able to produce music using the headphones while at the same time monitor my mixes through the monitors when needed.

Oct 27, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #7 of 31
Okay so I'm about to pull the trigger on the DV336i. I can't wait any longer. I will stick around and wait for any alternatives if guys have any. My hands are itching to push the "buy it now" button. Please anybody, stop me if you think I'm making a bad decision in buying this amp for my "dt990 pro 600ohm". Stop me now if I'm wrong!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 27, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #8 of 31
I won't stop you. That is a good buy for your starter amp. Be sure to check out some of the 336i tube rolling threads.

Oct 27, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Okay so I'm about to pull the trigger on the DV336i. I can't wait any longer. I will stick around and wait for any alternatives if guys have any. My hands are itching to push the "buy it now" button. Please anybody, stop me if you think I'm making a bad decision in buying this amp for my "dt990 pro 600ohm". Stop me now if I'm wrong!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Maybe you should buy my burned-in smooth operating 336i with expensive upgraded tubes and a 14 day money back guarantee (you pay shipping both ways). It sounds great with my 300ohm HD600 and 600 ohm AKG K240M, and is still good with Denon D2000 and Ultrasone HFI780/Edition 9.

Oct 28, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

how much?

I also have the Fitz-mod to prevent any tube hum now. How about $300 shipped, but I include 6 front tubes total and 3 rear tubes, on top of the two stock chinese tubes. The package deal front tubes would include tube #3-7 from this post http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4437993-post1134.html plus a Raytheon 6SN7GT for the front (very good with Darth Beyer). And for the rear that includes a very nice JAN CRC RCA 6AS7G and a non-military RCA 6AS7G with the key post missing, and a nice Raytheon 6080 which gives it a faster SS sound if you have overly warm headphones. On top of that you get the chinese tubes free as well.

That package includes a couple of very nice sounding front and a couple of very nice sounding rear tubes. If you only want the one JAN CRC 6SN7GTA for front and the one JAN CRC RCA 6AS7G (out of the above 9 tube package) with the two stock tubes I would do $270 shipped. These are nice tubes.

For an additional $50 (each) I can add either a JAN CRC RCA 5692 or CBS/Hytron 5692 for the front (very good with Grados), or $40 for a Tung Sol 5998 for the rear (very good like 6AS7G but more bass). These are all high end tubes for the DV336i.

I've also got a Sylvania "bad boy" and an assortment of 2 RCA grey glass 6SN7, 2 Sylvania VT-231 that I am not selling and saving in case I buy a Single Power tube amp someday.

Oct 28, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

I'm sorry I just clicked the buy it now button right before you sent me the email. HAHA! I got it for $265...

That's too bad - you could have had better tubes and the Fitz-mod for about the same price. Now you have to add $60-100 worth of tubes, and buy some 220uf caps to bypass the output resistors.

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #15 of 31
You offered me a great deal but I was buying on impulse and I could'nt wait anymore. But thanks for the kind offer and I will keep you in mind when I decide to upgrade my tubes. Thanks for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back