Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Dec 22, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #5,401 of 14,501
I have two simple questions about the Darkvoice 336: Does the DV have any air slots? How, other than with a fan, does the DV not overheat?

There is ventilation on both sides of the unit that helps vent out the heat.

20201222_132521.jpg

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #5,402 of 14,501
I have two simple questions about the Darkvoice 336: Does the DV have any air slots? How, other than with a fan, does the DV not overheat?
The bottom panel has vent slots on the rear end and the side has vent holes. I haven’t measured the internal ambient temp... yet.

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #5,403 of 14,501
Wow UT, beautiful!!! Long ways from us rolling tubes here years ago. Great job!!

I will gracefully bow out knowing this thread is in great hands. Proud of having started it years ago. We have come a long way. You guys are not even rolling tubes anymore. You are rolling spaceships, UFOs and F-16s. Very proud. The DV has really become a monster.

My third wife used to tell me “ you love those tubes all over the house more than you love me.” I would always reply “ no baby, I love you, but it’s just that these tubes get better with time. “.
We have been divorced eight years now. Oh well. Still have my tubes and we remain friends.

I’m still old skooool with my setups.
Cheers!!

98679039-A739-408A-86D9-4F51A81736B4.jpeg
5FB62983-F85C-45F0-AAF5-81A47813AB30.jpeg
Aww..don't bow out,, honored to have met ya. :beerchug:

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #5,405 of 14,501
Wow UT, beautiful!!! Long ways from us rolling tubes here years ago. Great job!!

I will gracefully bow out knowing this thread is in great hands. Proud of having started it years ago. We have come a long way. You guys are not even rolling tubes anymore. You are rolling spaceships, UFOs and F-16s. Very proud. The DV has really become a monster.

My third wife used to tell me “ you love those tubes all over the house more than you love me.” I would always reply “ no baby, I love you, but it’s just that these tubes get better with time. “.
We have been divorced eight years now. Oh well. Still have my tubes and we remain friends.

I’m still old skooool with my setups.
Cheers!!

No HeatFan, it's you who's beautiful. When I came on here a long time ago was when I started on this hobby. I was happy talking to you then as I am happy talking to you now. In the intervening years you left and amidst my constant upgrading, I was thinking about the simple joy we had here with a humble DV336se and a HD650. It's the start of a great tune.

Sorry to hear that you've been divorced 8 years ago. Helping my golf buddy through that now. I let him win every game. I would hit a hook or slice where I could have hit it straight and get a hole in one but I won't. :relaxed:

That's what this hobby is about isn't it? It's about making friends and remembering them even after many years. It's not about the gear we have. So here's to your setup and the fact you've remain friends with them and still love them. :beerchug:

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #5,407 of 14,501
The bottom panel has vent slots on the rear end and the side has vent holes. I haven’t measured the internal ambient temp... yet.
Learned something new. Vents on the bottom? I am an obvious non-modder! I suppose I will have to blow up my pot and just go for trying to upgrade it too. @Dewhas given me hope now...

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #5,408 of 14,501
Learned something new. Vents on the bottom? I am an obvious non-modder! I suppose I will have to blow up my pot and just go for trying to upgrade it too. @Dewhas given me hope now...
Hey now, I didn't blow up my pot, I just thought I did! And if I can do it, anyone can.

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #5,409 of 14,501
LOL! There's always tomorrow. :joy:

That's the most beautiful thing you've ever said. Not the LOL but the 'There's always tomorrow'.

When I needed to listen to just one more song at midnight, when I feel crushed after losing the auction to that priced tube, when my friend told me he has stage 4 cancer, I didn't know what to say.

Now I do. 'There's always tomorrow'.

Ok I have to go to work for a few hours now. Then do the Hiit class. Then drive 4 beautiful hours back home without falling asleep. Then Christmas. :beerchug:

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #5,411 of 14,501
That's the most beautiful thing you've ever said. Not the LOL but the 'There's always tomorrow'.

When I needed to listen to just one more song at midnight, when I feel crushed after losing the auction to that priced tube, when my friend told me he has stage 4 cancer, I didn't know what to say.

Now I do. 'There's always tomorrow'.

Ok I have to go to work for a few hours now. Then do the Hiit class. Then drive 4 beautiful hours back home without falling asleep. Then Christmas. :beerchug:
Cheers my friend, safe travels. 🍺

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #5,412 of 14,501
I woke up to this. The world would be a better place if we wake up every morning to this. Congrats :relaxed:
Thank you kindly! Nothing quite like something you're trying to do with no real prior experience actually working out, thanks to some helpful and patient Internet strangers.

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #5,413 of 14,501
Hey now, I didn't blow up my pot, I just thought I did! And if I can do it, anyone can.

Well knowing me...I will be blowing it up...melting it down. Lol. I havent soldered in 15-20 years...and working on computer systems and such...much more forgiving than hot solder oozing everywhere. Well, youre giving me hope so maybe I will take a crack at it over the break.

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #5,414 of 14,501
Well knowing me...I will be blowing it up...melting it down. Lol. I havent soldered in 15-20 years...and working on computer systems and such...much more forgiving than hot solder oozing everywhere. Well, youre giving me hope so maybe I will take a crack at it over the break.
I'm still staring at mine .. :unamused:
2020-12-18 17.27.23.jpg

Dec 22, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #5,415 of 14,501

Users who are viewing this thread

Back