1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by heatfan12, Jul 31, 2008.
First

Back
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
177 178 179 180 181
Next

Last
  1. Gallic Dweller
    Toufeeq and others,
    For all those who really want to get the best from their D/V 336 go to the Rock Grotto forum -look for the h/amp forum, in search, put in Dark Voice 336 and you will find a 3 page thread that covers all you need to know about the D/V, on Pinterest you will see the Fitz and Pink Floyd mods.

2. JKDJedi
    Congrats! I take it the TS plays well on the Darkvoice....NICE. :) (PICS PLEASE OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN) :D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    cddc likes this.
  3. JKDJedi
    Pink Floyd Mod ...that's new... thanks, ill take a peek. (and three pages of info...thats insane) Joking...hey ther'e more than 3 pages here boss, take a read guys, lots of interesting stuff here..did I get the right link GLLIC dWEller? ----> http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/board/8/headphone-amplifier-forum?q=Darkvoice+336 And the user PinkFloyd Mod, that's very interesting, almost looks like the Fitz mod, but I don't really know, seems like replcaing said caps lowers the frequency range for 32ohm headphones down below 20hrtz...now thats proper... as it is now the stock caps were set for 300ohm headphones, which solidifies my original thought that the Darkvoice excels with high impedance headphones. very interesting. ( I can see now how users revel in said mods if they don't own high impedance headphones) Having said that the only low impedance headphone that plays well for me with the Darkone is my Fedelio X2, would a PinkFloyd mod enhance this experience? Maybe, as it is now, highly enjoyable. :)
    00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191111104130437_COVER.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  4. cddc

Thanks. So here comes the photo ....:D

I am 100% sure it will play well on DV too. It is a true legendary.:)

0.TS RPs.jpg

JKDJedi likes this.
  5. JKDJedi
    Love it! Where did you grab this baby at?

6. cddc
    A friend has couple of these in his stash, and I robbed him....:D

JKDJedi likes this.
  7. DenverW
    So I’ve been on an adapter craze lately, and had been testing some 6f8g tubes with pretty good results.

Most recently I’ve tried the 6C8G Tung sol round plate. I’ve had very good results. Very good. :). Now the scuttlebutt is that this tube is sonically similar or even potentially identical to its 6sn7 brother, but I don’t have a comparison tube. Has anyone done a comparison? I found the tube from an eBay seller that was selling different 6C8G tubes, for a whopping cost of $25. There are others available for higher cost, but well well under the 6sn7 rate.

If we can confirm the Sonics this may be a real bargain out there, only needing the 6f8g adapter.

quick edit: it did take a full two days of burn in, started with a huge left channel hum.

cddc and JKDJedi like this.
  8. JKDJedi
    Yes these came out before the 6SN7 tubes and do sound spectacular, I just have the Sylvania version and would love to have the Tung Sol version of that tube only they go for roughly $120+ whenever I'm in the hunt, if you got that tube for $25 that's a huge score there buddy, Kudos!

cddc and DenverW like this.
  9. DenverW
    The seller still has three other types up for $25. I think with patience they’re out there for a deal; or at least a lot less than ts 6sn7 round plates, those are astronomical right now!

JKDJedi likes this.
  10. cddc
    6C8G has a gain of 36, almost twice the gain of 6SN7 or 6F8G, so it is closer 6SL7.

So I doubt it will sound similar to 6SN7 or 6F8G. If you like the sound of 6C8G, you can possibly also try 6SL7 (assuming your amp can take 6C8G or 6SL7). :)

DenverW likes this.
  11. Slade01
    Do you have a Tung Sol 6F8G round plate? I've to date never seen them, only ladder plates which I have, but sonically, they do sound very similar to the Tung Sol Mouse ears 6SN7. Lol. the 6C8Gs you can still get for a bargain, but the 6F8Gs/VT-99 have caught up in pricing, they can also reach high up there in the stratosphere for sure as well depending on the ones worth geting.

JKDJedi likes this.
  12. DenverW

Just the round plate 6c8g. I wish I had a 6sn7 to compare it to. Sounds excellent.

JKDJedi likes this.
  13. JKDJedi
    That's what I meant, the CF8G Tung Sols... Keep forgetting there's 6C8Gs out there. Would love to have the round plate Tung Sol CF8G, that would be the cats meow. :)

14. Slade01
    Well if anyone can find them, its you JKDJedi a.k.a. The Tube Hunter. I'm still impressed at the speed you found a genuine Lansdale. That was really really impressive. :grin:

JKDJedi likes this.
  15. JKDJedi
    Lol... Thanks. Maybe after the holidays, they have me on lockdown at the moment. :D

First

Back
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
177 178 179 180 181
Next

Last