1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by heatfan12, Jul 31, 2008.
First

Back
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
Next

Last
  1. DarkDrummer
    That does not apply to vacuum tubes...only halogen light bulbs.

2. DarkDrummer
    Do you own all of those?

3. DarkDrummer
    Open back is what i prefer for drumming. It allows me to hear if I'm playing in perfect time...i have tried closed back in the past and i found that

4. sennfan83261
    [​IMG]

Rolling a recently delivered Sylvania tall bottle "6SN7GTA" ($6 from ebay) (I think it is actually a yellow lettered 6SN7GTB tall bottle) + RCA 6AS7G. I think I like my Sylvania VT-231's and early '50s 6SN7GTAs better. Oh yeah, I also think I prefer to listen to my HD6XX's through the Darkvoice rather than through the THX AAA 789 (balanced or SE).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    DarkDrummer and JKDJedi like this.
  5. sennfan83261
    I think the owner of those is brownstd, as he posted some other tube combos in another post in this thread.

6. Amish
    It shouldn't. But I have experienced this issue with my cell phone being too close to the amp. I'm talking like 12" away from the amp. When a text came through or a phone call some tubes would pick up on this and make noise. Some tubes wouldn't.

Also I might point out that if your DV is not isolated properly some noise can be introduced into the output of the amp. For example while using my LA Figaro 339 if I tapped the desk it rested on I would hear the tapping through my headphones. I solved this issue by using an amp stand and vibropads.

DarkDrummer and JKDJedi like this.
  7. JKDJedi
    Lol... First sentence of that post reads...Not My Tubes... I just have the consumer version of the RCA Grey Glass pictured there, same sound just not as robust of a build.

8. JKDJedi
    Thinking of selling my Shuguang CV181-Z (Black Treasure) In near MINT condition, PM me with offer.

DarkDrummer likes this.
  9. diforce
    Actually it only recently went away, I had it running non stop for 48 hours and still nothing, and then another week or so of 10 hours per use daily. only now it's barely noticeable but I can still hear it.
    Gonna do the 220uF cap mod regardless.
    I can still hear it.

10. DarkDrummer
    Sorry...my bad..lol, i'm an idiot!!!

JKDJedi likes this.
  11. Keno18
    Wow the DarkVoice is sensitive to noise, traced an electrical noise issue to the power brick I was using for my notebook source. Switched to another PS and the noise was gone. Never heard the noise before on any of my other amps. But then again never heard such clear detail in the upper frequencies before either, even with the stock power tube.

DarkDrummer and Amish like this.
  12. JKDJedi
    Any tubed amp is betterment off its own non shared power source. And be prepared to collect some tubes....lot of fun. :)

DarkDrummer likes this.
  13. Keno18
    :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
    I've got a small collection from the 2 other amps and preamp I had before the DV. My wife is none too happy about the prospect of yet more tubes.:ksc75smile: Do you know if the Massdrop DV 336 SE is direct wired or PCB?

DarkDrummer likes this.
  14. JKDJedi
    Lol.. know what you mean...I get the eagle eyes everytime I'm surfing eBay :D and had no clue what pcb was until a quick Google just now.. so don't know, sounds like hand wired amps are expensive.

15. Keno18
    I know the DV used to be direct wired from reading up on the fitz mod (used to cure the hum problem with some 6sn7s) curious if the latest versions still are. I guess I'll wait until the warranty period is over before opening it up.

First

Back
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
Next

Last